30. That Dream

K A R A ' S    P O V :

Right after the kiss, it was sort of awkward. I mean, we kissed for goodness sake!

I guess you could say I was sort of in a daze as I went throughout the rest of the night, which really consisted of either sitting by Jason or hanging out with Kelly and Ryder. When I got home, Martha confronted me.

"So, how was it?"

I shrugged, not really in the mood to talk. After getting ready for bed, I slipped under my covers, hoping sleep would cure whatever was going on. 

"Do you want to talk to him?" Rachel hadn't spoken for the rest of the night, so I was surprised when I heard her voice.

"I'm not calling or texting him, if that's what you're planning."

"No, but trust me. I know just the way to communicate with him." She felt really guilty, knowing that we were only confusing Jason even more than he already was. Before I could hear anymore of Rachel's plan, I drifted off to sleep.

|DREAM:\

I stood in the middle a clearing, the vibrant glow of the stars seemed to declare nightfall. Leaves on the trees swayed to the rivers steady lullaby. The moon shone bright in the middle of it all, illuminating the darkness, transforming the night into a vibrant masterpiece. Rachel felt at ease here, which ultimately calmed me.

Glancing down at my attire, I found I had the stringy red hair with the same outfit that one day I shifted. Looking ahead, Jason stood, his attire from to tonight showing off his muscles. His baffled look made me laugh, before I took off into a sprint. I heard him follow in pursuit, excitement coursing through my veins.

I pushed myself to run as fast as I could as we ran through the trees of the forest, the only noise coming from us. Rachel purred at the thought of our mate running with us. This was what she had always wanted. I quickly arrived at a small lake with a gushing waterfall. It reminded me of that one day... Pulling myself from venturing down memory lane, I turned around to face my opponent. I backed up slowly with my hands in front of me, showing I was cornered. Jason growled playfully, causing Rachel to whine within me. She wanted to be by our mate so badly. I let a few giggles loose before he took hesitant steps forward. I immediately jumped into the water behind me before he had a chance to catch me.

Just before I hit the water, however, something happened. My hair returned back to how it was, my brown luscious locks that rolled down my back. When I resurfaced, I realized Jason had seen it too. Instead of jumping in after me, he stood on the shore looking at me with a quizzical stare. 

I looked at my hair, only to see that it returned back to it's red state. Strange, really strange. Well, this was a dream after all. Not everything made sense. I looked up to see Jason staring at me in awe, before speaking. "Jason," I smiled, as he slowly stumbled towards me. I pulled myself out of the water and stood in front of him. 

"Who are you?" He didn't recognize me. The only "version" of me he really knew was my "human form". 

I looked at the ground for a moment, taking in my flip flops as my dry hair stayed in it's bob. Wait, did I say dry? I mentally scolded myself. This was a dream, after all.

"My name's Amy," I found myself saying, my eyes meeting Jason's. As long as he didn't know my last name, he wouldn't be able to guess who I was. I watched as he scrutinized my name, his eyes never wandering from mine. That was when it hit me. My name was supposed to fit my appearance, and Amy didn't match the red head rogue.

"Why did you change like that?"

I played dumb. "Like what?"

"I know you saw it. Your red hair turned brown and grew much longer. What was that?"

"I-I'm not really sure..... but I can show you that version of me if you want." Rachel promised me I could change again easily, so I did. Soon, my hair grew to it's old length with all the waves, and I could feel my eyes burn slightly before I knew the transformation had ended.

"Mate." Jason growled, the attraction between us doubling. I hadn't realized the pull from before because I had been forced to ignore it so much. But with his intoxicating scent and proximity, I knew I wouldn't be able to look past it any longer.

"Why do I feel like so many people are my mate?" He asked, sounding broken. It tugged at my heart to hear him like this, and I could see his brain working to put together why I looked so familiar.

I sighed before tucking a strand of brown hair behind my hair. "I really hate lying to you, Jason. I just need to let you know, that hopefully your true mate will come. And when she arrives, she will enter with her arms open wide. No matter if she looks like the rogue, or me right now, or something completely different. You will know it when you see her." I wanted this to be desperately true. I could see that he wanted it also.

All Rachel and I wanted was to be able to walk through the territory and be accepted by him. Without endangering him and his pack. Without posing a threat to anyone. Just entering so that I could be with my mate.

Jason pulled me from my thoughts as he reached forward to touch me, something I yearned to do as well. But this was a dream. It would only be hurting myself to feel the shower of sparks and this not even be real. So to save myself, I whispered sorry before I forced myself awake, effectively ending the dream.

\END OF DREAM:\

My eyes fluttered open as the events of the dream came back to me. If only this was real. If only he had actually heard and seen everything. 

I ran a hand through my hair, and some of it brushed in front of my face. But it wasn't blond, or straight. In a panic, I threw on the lamp beside me, before flipping my hair in front of my face. It was my natural wavy brown locks. I took out my blue eye contacts every night, but what was up with the brown hair?!

Rachel tried to help me control my breathing, the shock getting the best of me. Was that just a dream....?

My phone buzzed, causing me to bolt upright. I looked over, seeing I gotten a text from Jason. Glancing at the clock, I saw it was only 2 am. I frowned, what would he be doing up?

I looked at the text, and I could feel my face turn as white as a sheet as I did a double take.

But-but that was just a dream! Or was it?

FROM: JASON

\ KARA, I JUST HAD THE WEIRDEST DREAM... \

...

Surprise!

Hey everyone!

So... that was a twist, wasn't it? *smiles evilly*

Anyway, what do you think is going to happen next?

Keep up the reads!

Don't forget to 

READ. VOTE. COMMENT!

-HEXODUS ;>