F O U R

(Grayson's POV)

A tear glides down Brooke's perfect face and I carefully wipe it away.
"You are not fat. Do not listen to anything she, or anyone else, says. Sydney is just jealous of how amazing you are," I reassure while pulling her into a hug.
"Can we watch a movie?" Brooklyn says with a small smile.
"Of course." I say, kissing her lightly on the forehead which makes her smile more.
"I love you Gray.." Brooke says, making me look round at her in shock but not showing it. "You are the worlds best friend ever."

I sigh to myself quietly, "Love you too B."

'Friends? The last words I wanted to hear right now..' I think. I put on a movie, one that I know she will like.
"What did you put on?" Brooklyn says with a slight smile.
"You'll see" I respond calmly.

(Brooklyn's POV)

Grayson climbs onto the bed and pulls me down next to him, making me giggle. The opening credits come on and I squeal as I realise that it's 'The Fault in our Stars'.

We both lay there and watch the movie.

At one point I start crying so Gray softly runs his fingers through my hair to comfort me. Seeing me upset has always made him upset. A single tear rolls down his cheek and lands on my forehead.

I looks up at him, frowning a little.

"Are you crying..?" I asks, soothingly. Gray rubs his eyes and shakes his head.
"Uh, no." He says defensively.
"You're cute, crying because of a movie." I tease.
"I was only crying because you were.." Gray mumbles and I giggle.
"Even cuter." I sit up and stretch. Grayson blushes but hides his face in the pillow, pretending to stretch also.
"Wanna go to the beach?" I ask.
"I'd love to but I've got homework, sorry." Grayson apologises.
"Oh it's okay. Another time?" I say, a little upset that I don't get to spend more time with my best friend.
"Of course Brooke. Spending time with you is a slight upgrade from third wheeling Sydney and Ethan, I guess.." Gray says teasingly. I punch him playfully on the arm while laughing to myself quietly.
"I was joking," he defends himself.
"I know Gray.." I say slowly, making eye contact with him.

Grayson breaks this contact after a couple of seconds and I frown.

"Uh I'll talk to you tomorrow, Grayson." I say awkwardly while walking back downstairs.

"Bye.." Grayson says softly.

~~~~~~

This was a cute chapter and I like it!
I hope you did too.
-
Megan xo