F I V E

(Next day in school - Brooklyn's POV)

I felt very comfortable today, well in my own skin.

No self shaming today, yet. I actually feel good in this outfit.

This morning I woke up early so I had time to curl my hair, even though it's already wavy

This morning I woke up early so I had time to curl my hair, even though it's already wavy. I wanted it wavier.

I walked to my locker to see that Grayson was already there.

"Hey Grayson." I say happily.
"Someone's happy," he says with a chuckle.
"Yep. I really took in what you said to me yesterday, I shouldn't care what other people think of me," I say with a big smile.
"Well, I am a great advice giver." Grayson says, a little too smug.
"Hey," I say punching him in the arm with a laugh.
"I'm just kidding, although it is true. Buttttttt the most important thing is that you're happy." He says while staring deeply into my eyes.

I don't know why but have the urge to kiss him. 'Brooklyn. Stop. He's your best friend.' I tell myself. I tear my eyes away from him, with difficulty, and look over at the football team.

I hear Grayson sigh so I look round again.
"What is it?" I ask in a sweet voice.
"Nothing, it's fine." He replies with a fake smile. I pull him into a hug and bury my face into his chest.

We were still hugging when the football team walk past.
"Yo, Grayson! What're you doing with her? You could do so much better than that fatty!" The team captain shouts and I feel a knot in my stomach start to form.

Urgh, I was fine all day and now one persons opinion has made me feel completely uncomfortable.

The rest of the team started laughing as they walked away. I pulled away from Grayson, grab my books and go to my first lesson. Math.

I enter the classroom and take a seat right at the back. A few minutes later Grayson comes in and scans his eyes around the room until they lay on me.

I look away, looking upset and angry. I thought that it would stop him sitting near me if I ignore him but he sits down next to me anyway.

"I'm sorry about tha-" Grayson starts to apologise.
"Save it, Gray. You didn't even stick up for me." I interrupt bluntly, crossing my arms in an attempt to be angry at him.

This doesn't last long when I feel his hand on my thigh, instantly making me bite my lip softly and look at him.

"I didn't know what to say.." Grayson mumbles quietly, obviously feeling sorry.

I move his hand off of my thigh, even though I wanted it to stay there, and shrugged.
"It's fine." I say quickly.
"It's obviously not though, Brooklyn." He says, turning my face so I'm looking at him. I look into his eyes and feel mine start to tear up.

Grayson caresses my cheek with his thumb then let's go, realising what he's doing.
"Sorry.." He mumbles, turning to face the front of the class as the teacher begin the lesson.

I bring my knees to my chest during the lesson and start to think.

The lesson goes by quickly and I rush out when it has finished, so Gray couldn't catch up. I went to my next lesson which thankfully Grayson wasn't in, art.

I get all of my things and sit down. I carry on with my project, drawing an animal in the style of another artist.
(A/N- an art project I'm actually doing right now!)

It looks okay so far. I have drawn the outline of the kitten and am about to start on the butterfly.

~~~~~~

Maybe there's something between Brooke and Gray?
Hmm you'll have to wait and see ;)
-
Megan xo