Midnight Friendships

Taurus's POV

I wanted to eat my midnight snack, which was a family-sized bag of Doritos, inside the cabin, but Libra said that eating inside the cabin can attract bugs and other unwanted creatures. I decided to walk down to the pier and eat my chips there in peace. I notice a silhouette sitting on the dock. As I got closer, I could make it out to be Scorpio.

"Hey, what are you doing out here?" I called out.

"I could ask you the same," he responded, looking over his shoulder.

"Well, I asked you first."

"I asked you second."

"That makes no sense at all."

"I'm out here because Aquarius snores. Now you..."

"Libra told me I can't snack in the cabin. Want some?" I gestured the Doritos bag towards him.

"Sure." He reached in, grabbing a handful of chips. There was a long pause of awkward silence between us. I shift awkwardly to sit criss-cross and fumble around with the bag of chips. I glance over at him. He's just sitting there eating chips and staring at the water. I slowly go to stand up, attempting to leave. And somehow he caught me in his peripheral. "You can stay if you want."

"You sure?"

"Yeah. It'll be a damn shame for a pretty girl like you to get attacked by a rabid raccoon over a bag of Doritos."

"So, you're saying that I need protection for myself?" I teased.

"Raccoons are vicious animals." We both began to laugh at his remark. "So tell me about yourself."

"My middle name is Arabella, like the Arctic Monkeys song. I'm fifteen. My birthday is April 26th. I like cooking and playing the ukulele."

"Are your lips like the galaxy's edge?" He teased somewhat flirtatiously. The tips of my ears burned as he moved closer. I've never been this close to such a cute guy before.

"No, but I do like Mexican coke," I responded, matching his body language.

"Mexican coke is better though. I don't even like coke."

"Me either."

"What's your favorite drink?"

"Alcohol or not?"

"Didn't know a fifteen year old would have a favorite alcoholic beverage."

"Just answer the question," I pleaded, not wanting to get into my past relationship with alcohol.

"Both."

"I mix tropical punch kool-aid and sprite together and that's one of my favorites. And my favorite alcoholic drink is a strawberry daiquiri. How about you?"

"Orange soda and a classic lime martini."

"What's your middle name anyway?"

"Mordecai."

"That's cute." I took note of the pink blush creeping onto his pale cheeks. "When's your birthday?"