Chapter 2: Back to School

Camila’s POV

Ebony was driving me to school. I hadn’t bought a car yet so she would basically be my very own private chauffeur for the next weeks, sadly enough.

Exiting the car I immediately felt a rain drop make contact with my nose. I scrunched it upwards, before wiping the wetness off. 

Great, first day and it was raining. Could this get anymore depressing?

When walking into the school and I received numerous of stares from everyone in the hallway my question was quickly answered. This just got worse by far. I had always hated being in centre of attention and now, at the new school I definitely got to experience the ogling eyes.

Ever since my parents got killed everyone had always looked at me with pity, or they had whispered behind my back. I wasn’t very fond of that either as I recollected my previous friends sudden interest in avoiding me and my terrifying story.

I ignored the rest of the glares from my new classmates and walked into a small office. The entire room looked ghastly. The wallpaper was in an awful mold color with matching ragged curtains that only emphasized the already terrible appearance. 

Furrowing my brows at the lack of creative decoration I was abruptly adressed when a small woman with glasses motioned for me to sit down in the chair across from her desk. 

«First I just want to express my greatest condolences. It must have been a horrible experience to lose someone at such a young age.» The woman shook her head sadly. «But I'm always content to welcome a new student to our school, and I sincerely hope that you will enjoy your time here.» She said with a warm smile, which seemed rather genuine.

«Thank you.» I mumbled and choked on a lump. Stumbling out of the office I felt the tears burning in my eyes. This was the first time in a year someone had actually brought up their deaths and it had taken me completely off guard.

I had to find the bathroom before I wouldn't be able to keep back the waterfall of tears. After a couple of minutes with staggering around the hallway, keeping my head low I eventually found the girl's bathoom and opened the door to rush inside. 

«Ow!» I let out unexpectedly after bumping into something. What was it, a brick wall? 

I looked up, soon to be mesmerized by some stunning green eyes. The girl was bending over me and literally piercing my soul with her appealing orbs. Never had I ever laid eyes on someone with a more meaningful expression radiated with only her gaze.

Since I didn't get to my feet she extended her hand for me and I took it gratefully, still fuzzed about the incident that occurred only seconds ago I let her assist me to my own feet. 

«You should watch where you’re going.» The mysterious girl said with a low chuckle, still holding my gaze as if life depended on it.

«How about you watch it.» I snapped back, surprised at my own insolence.

She instantly put her arms up in defense and the humor was gone from her husky voice. «I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to piss you off...» The girl apologized.

I only mumbled a 'don’t worry' as I passed her, locking myself into one of the stalls in the bathroom. The tears flowed down my cheeks undisturbed as I didn't bother to wipe them off.

My mind wandered back to the girl I met for only seconds ago. She’d looked at me like she knew me and in some inexplicably way I felt like I knew her too. She was at least familiar to me, one way or another.

_______________________

Lauren’s POV