Chapter 19: Always You

Lauren’s POV

I took hold of a container and poured the rest of the red content into my mouth. The liquid appeased the constant burning and I closed my eyes, savoring the immediate rush of energy and the allevation of my thirst.

«Easy there Tiger. Save some for the rest of us will you.» Lucy teased while pulling a weird face. She was leaning against the doorway with her arms crossed.

I rolled my eyes at her playfully and she strutted over to me, finding a seat on the counter. «You and Camila huh?» She asked with a smug look.

«Are you jealous?» I retorted playfully. «I’m sorry. It's definetely you and not me.» I played off jokingly and she punched my arm.

«Seriously, could you be anymore annoying?» She rolled her eyes before she let out seductivily. «I know you want me Lauren, but for your information. I’m so over you.» A tiny smile became visible at the end of her mouth as she spoke the sentence.

I curled my eyebrow upwards in interest. «Do tell.» 

Lucy squeezed her lips together and tried to hide the satisfied feeling of seeing me squirm with curiosity.

«When did you suddenly become so secretive?» I whined, «I mean, that girl is incredibly hot so I wouldn’t blame you for jumping her bones in the forest last night.»

She pushed me up to the wall. «Don’t speak about her like that Lauren.» And I raised my arms up in defense at the impulsive assault.

«I’m only joking.» I assured her as she let go of me and took a step back.

«I’m so sorry Lauren. I don’t know why I did that.» She apologized, genuinely appalled at her own reaction.

«You love her.» I implied, squeezing her shoulder. She turned her gaze to me and the worry was present in her face.

«I can’t love her.» She answered through gritted teeth. I couldn’t help but sympathize with her ​​concern and I knew all too well about her complicated situation.

«You won’t hurt her.» I spoke confidently, trying to catch her evasive glance.

«How do you know that? I can’t control it.» She whispered with her head still bowed down, but I got myself a shock when I saw her eyes.

They were filled with guilt and before I could think about it I pulled her into a tight embrace. For the first time it wasn’t filled with lust, but with a promise of comfort and loyalty. 

«I will not let anything happen.» I promised quietly, still holding her. When we parted and I met her gaze I could see that we weren’t so different. 

We both got our issues and out own tough exterior, but on inside we were more fragile than anyone would presume. 

Ally entered the room, but when she spot us she was about to turn on her heel.

«Ally, hold up!» I screamed after her.

She stopped in the door and Lucy took that as her cue to leave us alone. «Hey Ally...I just wanted to say that I’m sorry that I have acted so unreasonable lately.» I started but had to take a new breath to continue. «There’s no good enough excuse for my behavior but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am. You have always supported my decicions and I-»

Ally attacked me with her arms pulling me into her tight embrace, startling me at first but I let myself fall into her arms. «Lauren. I’ve been waiting for you for so long to come to your senses.» She smiled and I knew she was both teasing, but also a hint of relief shot through me like a bolt of electricity.