Chapter 13: Leave My Heart

Lauren’s POV

Where the hell was I? Ahhrg, the pain! I just wanted it all to stop and that immediately. All my senses were heightened and the slightest sound made ​​me want to rip my own head off. 

The hideous thirst burned its way down my throat and never in my life could I recollect feeling such a desperation after something to quench it with. It wasn't before a sudden scent crept into my nostrils and filled my lungs with heat that I relaxed remarkably. The sweet smell was like a drug that my brain automatically told me to inject into my aching body.

A brown haired girl looked at me. Her skin was golden and bristled with heat. She was enchantingly beautiful, but my eyes couldn’t help but fixate on the exposed artery pulsating on her neck. Her body was moving to the enthralling beats of her heart and it wasn't hard to see that she was afraid, her eyes radiating genuine fear.

I was completely compelled by the power of the hunger that increased so passionately with every second that went by. 

«You don't want to do that Lauren. It's just the voice your head, don't listen to it. I know it's convincing, but it's not right.» The small girl told me cautiously. Nothing else than something that sounded like a low snarl left my lips. 

Without any other thoughts I lunged after the girl, but something or someone pushed her out of the way and into the wall, causing it to make an ominous sound.

The brunette eyed me and sensations of inexplicable warmth and guilt washed over me when I almost drowned in the deep hazelnut in her eyes. 

The surprisingly wave of emotions only amplified the bewildered state of mine and increased the mayhem inside of my head.

Her eyes then rolled back and lost connection with the world as her body went limp. A noticeable part of me wanted to reach for her, to embrace her and keep her with me while another part of me, the dominant one craved for the blood that pumped through her veins. 

My head started pounding as a cause of the debate that took place inside of me as I forced my hands on each side of my head, trying to calm the inwarded turmoil.

Turn it off...Let it go.

I couldn’t deal with all the feelings and the temptation of giving in was fairly close, the leap wasn't big at all.

In a sudden my arms fell quietly to my sides. I took a deep breath, filling my dead lungs with the fresh air, taking in every part of the heady scent. 

Feeling so lightheaded and incredible carefree I enjoyed the newfound mindset. There was no agony and everything just felt so...amazing.

I turned to Ally who sat next to Camila’s side, trying to regain the innocent girl’s consciousness. I remembered them now, all of them. Ally’s face expression showed nothing else than shock as her jaw dropped to the floor. A satisfied grin erupted on my face as I knew she'd crossed the line again and gone inside of my head.

«Lauren, please...Please don’t do this.» She pleaded and it was pathethic to see her so weak. She wasn't even able to hide the feeling of concern, which made her so pitiful.

«I’m fine.» I answered, which wasn’t a lie at all. I was feeling exemplary, in fact I’d never felt more alive in my entire life. I took another step closer the girl with the intense scent.

For the first time I let my fangs come out freely and I was about to give into the thirst as Ally put her hand up. Dinah and Normani accompanying her on each side as they all drilled their looks into me, shielding the human behind them.