Chapter 12: Never Changed

Camila’s POV

Lauren was trembling uncontrollably under my hands and I instantly reached for her body lying on the floor. Nothing I did seem to earn a reaction from here and frustratedly I slapped her face repeatedly. 

«Lauren! Wake up. Please Lauren. Open your eyes.»

My frustration escalated to pure panic and my heart raced off as the adrenaline took over for the fear. I looked into her eyes that contained nothing but an empty stare.

She was screaming and shouting, waving her arms like she was trying to fight someone or something off.

«Lauren. Lauren please! Answer me?!» I yelled with my hands on each side of her temples.

Abruptly I felt my head pounding as her hand hit the side of it with such force that I was thrown back to the bed. I had to bite my teeth together just to get myself on my feet again. I couldn’t break down now because Lauren needed me. She didn’t even seem to acknowledge my presence, what the hell was going on?

Ally! She probably knew what to do with her, seeing as there were too many complications and unknown factors that she was more than suitable to understand. I stumbled out of the house trying not to fall as I headed for her home, already with the dizziness tingling in my body. 

I didn’t bother to knock before I tore the door open and screamed after the older girl. «Ally!»

Before I could even blink the blonde was by my side, supporting me with her stron arm. Her face got pale and her eyes reflected the precise same dread that had now conquered my body.

Within a second she lifted me up and laid me down carefully on the couch, panic covering her features as she vanished from the room.

«Guys! Get the hell down, it’s time.»

Next thing I felt was the breeze of cold air as the other two  passed me in an inhumanly speed.

Time for what? I attempted to get up as my curiousity was killing me, but soon felt the giddiness take over as it all went black.

_______________________  

A dim light penetrated my eyelids while I tried to steadily open my eye, only to see the clean white walls surrounding me.

What happened? 

Oh shit, Lauren. I rushed at my feet but immediately let my body fall back down when the room spun around in a rapid pace. I massaged my temples with my fingers, feeling my head pound and my mind getting heavier.

«Here.» Someone said, holding out a glass of water. I looked up to see the girl who went under the name Normani standing there with a powerless expression.

I accepted her offer as my fingers grasped hers lightly for a brief second. The first thought that struck me was that her temperature felt unexpectedly ordinary.

Perhaps everything was just a dream. The vampires didn't exist and I'd just been out cold this entire time.

An uncomfortable silent filled the room and none of us spoke. I scrutinized her with my gaze and observed as she just sat with her back against the wall and a diminished look across her face.

«Where’s Lauren?» I asked, finishing off the glass with cold water.

The girl didn’t give any signs of listening at all so I decided to give myself another chance as I strolled out of the room and stumbled down the stairs, clenching to the railings with all mighty.

«Why won’t she wake up?!» 

I recognized Ally’s voice, but not grasping who she was referring to I continued down.