Chapter 21: Turning Point

A/N: So strong warning. Or I don't know how strong, I've never written anything like that and to be honest I'm quite embarressed. Neither was it good or anything. He he anyway. I'm finally back, missed me? Because I've missed writing and I finally got some new ideas. BTW, if you haven't read this in a while I suggest you re-read it. I've changed all the chapters a bit and hopefully improved my writing.

Camila's POV

«No...» I cried out in despair when the car flipped around in the air before hitting the huge tree with such force that the collision was hearable on kilometers distance. «Please. Dad...Mom.» Fresh tears streamed now shamelessly and no matter how hard I tried I never fully reached the carwreck.

It was just too far away from me, regardless of how many steps I seemed to take I never got close enough.

Maybe I was dreaming again. I had to, right? If not, how could I keep reliving their accident?

One flash was all it took for me to stop the train of thoughts as I found myself in a new familiar place, the pool of blood in the middle of the darkness divulged the location, but it wasn't completely similar as to last time I visited.

My parents' bodies were centered as always but this time there was a dark figure bowing over them.

«Hello?!» I shrieked to the unknown character. Attempting to lift my foot once more but this time, to my surprise I actually moved when placing it in front of me. Therefor I decided to gather up some courage and take a few more up till I was standing near the creature from behind.

Its back was curved as it was bending over my parents' bodies, unaware of my present. It was something so awfully rocognizable with its posture that my trembling finger hesitated with touching it.

However I couldn't help myself, my raising heart and the adrenaline pounding through me was enough for me to stretch out my arm, barely grazing its back I noticed its change of posture, tensing up it gradually swung around.

Dark eyes. They were brown with an evident golden circle surrounding its pupil. I gasped. Not out of fear but of knowledge. I'd seen those type of eyes before, I'd glanced at them with all the endarment I'd managed, but these one wasn't filled with passion, love. Instead they were loaded with hate, lust and a form of turbulent trouble that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

Its prominent corner teeth were visible when the vampire sneered at me, blood dripping from them and eyes narrowed. I was paralyzed with fright as it made its move and aimed for my throat. In course of a second I had crossed my arms over my head to try prevent the vampire to reach my body. Shutting my eyes closed I inhaled sharply.

«No!» I yelled and sat up. My back sweaty and my head spinning from the apparent sight of the nightmare. It took me a few minutes to realize I wasn't being attacked and another minute for my body to settle with the fact. My nerves slowly retracting and finally letting go entirely.

«Camz.»

I swifted position on bed and peeked towards the window. Lauren suddenly approaching my bed and taking a seat at my side. 

«Another nightmare?» She asked with worry in each syllable. 

I nodded my head. Not trusting that my shaky voice wouldn't break or come out as nothing but a weak whisper. Before I could think she pulled me into her embrace and I immediately relaxed. I figured that in any case Lauren's present made me calm and feel safe. Which was sort of ironic when thinking about what put me in the startled state.