Chapter 9: Will You Catch Me...

Lauren’s POV

I ran aimlessly, feeling the branches and shrubs rasping my face and body until drops of blood was to taste on my lips.

Eventually reaching the peak I stood there panting heavily as the cold wind blew my hair making it stick to my heated face.

The familiar feeling of having my body heal itself filled me up as I had to support myself on a stone. 

Simultaneously as my soon to be dead heart shattered at the thought of my true love discovering the terrifying truth, because that was what Camila was to me.

I took a step further, standing at the edge of the cliff. I looked down at the bottom seeing the waves slam against the rock face.

Earlier I had let my lust take over, being so close to a human had never been that hard, her essence had been too enticing.

Never in my life had I ever desired anyone that badly. The only thing that had stopped me from doing anything that would only result in my own destruction was my heart.

I loved Camila. She was the true reason to my existence, but I could never have her. She would never love me, not when I had this big secret thrusted upon me.

In a few months I’d be as dead as her parents and mines, but I would still be around. To walk, to talk, to behave like I was one of them.

When in reality I would be nothing but dead on the inside. Dead heart, dead body, dead mind. 

I slowly raised my hand to my left side, feeling the beating that was slowly settling down.

She might have kissed me, but what will she feel when my heart stop beating, my skin turn cold and my mind is filled with lust for her blood.

I could never vow her the safety I wanted her to have, not with me around. I’d be a ticking bomb, earlier today had only been a sneak preview of my capabilities.

Being without her would kill me, but being with her might kill her. It was not a single doubt in my soul on which option to choose.

I walked in the tight corridor, trying to stay in the shadows, avoiding every single thing that would cause me trouble.

My body got filled with affection when my eye caught glimpse of the beautiful Camila Cabello . She stood there with a baffling look and the cutest black bow in her hair.

She bit her lip nervously which made her look irresistible. I sighed to myself before I once again ran away from her.

_______________________

Camila’s POV

There she was, taking my breath away with her enchanting beauty. Three days after running off out my window.

I’d looked after her, but all I could spot was the everlasting darkness that felt more smothering and stupendous than ever before.

Rumor was that she had a reunion with her parents and that was why she hadn’t attended school, but I knew more than that.

I knew her parents were dead. It was like something inside of me was destined to find out the truth about this girl, no matter how unsettling it might be.

She had been so keen on getting to know me and my story, but it looked like  she left out the part of her being something mysterious.

That was the only thing that was a certainty; she was nothing like the rest.

My thoughts were too far away which made me spill the wrong fluid in the tube with hazardous substance. A thick layer of smoke instantly filled the room.