Chapter 16: Playing with Fire

Lauren’s POV

«Lauren. I’m starving. You're the worst host. Where's your manners?» Lucy whined as we sat on the couch, watching television lazily.

«You got two perfectly functional legs, which makes you able to find something on your own. I'm not your fucking babysitter.» I replied annoyed.

«Woah. Smile some Jauregui. You were so much happier and romantic in New Orleans.» She snickered while dragging her ass from the couch to the kitchen.

«Ugh, these bags taste like horse shit. How come you guys never eat anything natural or fresh?» She yelled from the other room.

I groaned and entered the kitchen. «I've told you so many times. We can’t risk getting caught. This isn’t like New Orleans, vampires doesn’t control this town.» I explained again while stretching out my arm pass her to take a bag of blood.

«Well, maybe we should do something about that then.» Lucy proposed with a sly smile and I couldn't really tell if she was joking or being serious. Guess that was what made Lucy special, her insane, but ambitious goals.

«No planning of world domination in my house, or killing for that sake.» Ally added coldly as she passed us both in a hurry, avoiding eyecontact purposely.

«Come on Ally. That would be the ultimate dream, having all the humans at our feet, begging for their lives.» I joked, intentionally pushing her limits, knowing very well that Ally was this generation's peacemaker.

As expected she sent me a sharp glare before a hasty sneer escaped her lips, «You better cut this crap and get yourself together soon Lauren.»

I took a challenging step towards her and pushed her into the counter, a small whimper coming from her as she hit the hard surface.

«Don’t talk to me like that Ally. I’m not the same girl anymore and you have no idea what I'm capable of anymore.» 

«Ooh, I love intrigues.» Lucy murmured playfully while watching us intensely. 

Then all of a sudden Normani accompanied by Dinah appeared in the door with a menacing expression across their faces, clearly not pleased with the occuring.

I slowly stepped out of the way letting Ally walk out of the room undisturbed and observed as the others followed suit.

«Wow. What a joyful family you got yourself.» Lucy mocked sarcastically and emptied her bag of the red liquid. 

«Shut up.» I mumbled and rolled my eyes, going into the living room next. 

Nothing more exciting happened and the same could be said about the programs on the television. Everything seemed less interesting and the only thing I could think of that created some suspense was Camila, but I refused to let my mind go there as I distracted it with something almost as compelling

«Lucy, What happened between you and your ex?» I asked with genuine wonderment.

Lucy froze in place and I looked at her, never seen her this speechless before. Her entire posture changing as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

«I killed her.» She answered, obviously not wanting to visit the past anymore than I did. 

«Why?» I questioned carefully. I imagined her sucking out her blood or pull the poor girl’s heart out. I  watched her movements with curiosity. Lucy wasn't more trustable than me, which meant that every move she made should be watched intently.

«Lauren.» She warned and I decided to keep my mouth shut for once. If Lucy didn't want to talk about it, it mean that the theme was completely off the table. Also, I did not want to create any bad vibes between who was now my closest friend.