Chapter 10: ...If I Fall?

Ally’s POV

The thirst, it tortured me. I knew it was wrong of me to leave Lauren and the other girls, but at that point I didn’t care.

Only thing that drove me was the hunger for human blood, which made me travel away to a town off the radar.

That was where my first victims were and I hadn’t been able to stop, being completely irrational and out of control. The only time I got a few flashes of my true life was whenever the burn was assuaged by the warmness.

After that I blacked out, I had turned off my humanity until this grown vampire had caught me and brought me back.

She learned me how to dominate my lust. I just needed some days to master the technique, but when I recalled that it was someone who needed me more I started heading home.

I went home meeting an empty house, the others were probably at school. I was thinking about Lauren. She often seemed like the strongest out of us, but she was both blessed and cursed with her gift. Her powers were so strong that they could be overwhelming for her sometimes.

Besides she was the one who have had the least ammount of time to learn how to cope with her newly discovered reality.

I entered the school mentally searching for Lauren’s thoughts; The scent was too strong, it was too sweet…

This couldn’t be Lauren’s thoughts? Were they?

I ran after them trying to get to the bottom of this improbable thoughts. The school was empty due to the fact that it was still lunch time. Finding Lauren eventually in the bathroom and as I was afraid, she was with Camila.

My eyes darted to her wrist that was covered in blood. She was standing awfully close to Lauren, who stood there clinging herself frustrated to the wall behind her with her fangs out, oh shit!

«Lauren.» I adressed, trying to calm her down.

«Get her home!» Was the last thing she yelled before taking off.

I grabbed a frozen Camila by her arm and pulled her with me out of the school.

I pointed to my car. «Get in.» Not giving her an opportunity to ask any questions.

Soon after we pulled up in our driveway and I hurried out and opened the door, still dragging with me a speechless Camila.

What a mess. Lauren had really screwed it up and of course I had to come clean it up.

Guilt ran through me. I was the one who had left her when I knew she needed me the most. 

Camila looked terrified on the couch where she was sitting, while her body was quivering uncontrollably. I paced over and sat down, careful not to scare her anymore then she probably already was. 

She’d doubtlessly put the pieces together and figured that Lauren wasn’t the only inhuman creature she knew.

«Lauren is a vampire.» I finally breathed out, only confirming the suspicions that swirled in her mind.

_______________________

Camila’s POV

What the hell had just happened?

The only thing that had went through my mind when I was in the bathroom with Lauren was that I was sick of lies.

I wanted to get to the bottom. It wasn’t before right now in this moment that I understood the seriousness I was situated in.

Ally had just verified my assumptions and to be honest I was terrified. Vampires existed and if that wasn’t shocking enough I knew two and I’d kissed one of them!

I didn’t dare to look at Ally who was sitting on my side looking at me with a wondered look. She probably was curious if I was going to die, or maybe she was going to eat me! 

I don’t know, all I know about the vampires I’ve got from the Vampire Diaries and Twilight. This was surreal. 

Yes exactly, it wasn’t real. This was just one of my twisted nightmares. In the corner of my eye I could spot Ally smiling.

This was definitely real. God damn it!

Where was Lauren and how do I get myself out of this? 

I cleared my throat and looked at the girl sitting by my side; «Are you going to kill me?» 

She didn’t look surprised at my question, oh crap. That was probably it, she was going to bite me and suck out all of my blood..

To my astonishment she started laughing; «Camila, I’m not going to drink your blood. More importantly Lauren would kill me.»

I blushed, I couldn’t help it. Hearing that Lauren actually cared about me made me warm on the inside.

Suddenly with my fear turned into curiosity I asked thoughtfully; «How did you know what I was thinking?»

She gave me a look that revealed that she was considering her response; «I can read your mind.»

I wasn’t surprised.

«Can Lauren too, you know...?» I asked unsure. 

«No, she can’t.» Ally informed quickly, giving me a feeling of relief.

If Lauren hadn’t been able to read my thoughts it meant that she’d be honest with me when we talked.

«Talking about me much?» Lauren smirked in the door.

I jumped at the sight of her standing there confident before she slowly started to walk over to me.

She took my hand in a firm grip before inspecting the wound. Ally put a hand on her chest warning, but Lauren just waved her off.

«Ally, I’m fine. I can handle it.» She said before turning to me looking into my eyes.

I could see the eyes that I loved filled with remorse and self loath.

All I wanted to do was to pull her close to me, but my body was immovable.

Lauren and Ally went out of the room and left me alone in their living room. 

I wasn’t sure if I should run out and scream for help, but something inside me told me to stay.

Before I could breath for the second time Lauren was back with a cloth and pulled out my wrist and began to gently wipe away my blood that had congealed.

When she was done she threw it away and sat down quietly in the couch. She looked nervous, almost like me.

None of us said a word until she finally decided to break the silence.

«Camz...I know you’re probably scared to death and confused. I just want you to know that I’m not going to hurt you, or let anyone else hurt you.» She said sincere.

I didn’t know how to respond. A part of me wanted to reach for her, to tell her that I wasn’t scared.

But I was, I was horrified. She was a vampire and I couldn’t treat it like it wasn’t something insane.

She was.. not true. Just the fact that she was sitting here was a fracture on the laws of nature. 

«Camila...Say something?»

I love you.

That was the only thing on my mind, but I wasn’t able to force those three words out. I wasn’t able to force anything out. 

Instead I took by foot and ran across the street and into my house. I slammed the door closed so hard that the windows rattled.

Breathing heavily before I sunk down with my back against the door. The only good thing in this godforsaken place turned out to be something incomprehensible.

My head pounded and my heart shattered as tears squeezed out and I lied down on the cold hard floor crying my eyes out.

_______________________