Chapter 8: Being There

Camila’s POV

We were both positioned in her couch, watching a stupid scary movie that she'd convinced me to. I’d been so mesmerized by her eyes that I hadn’t even remembered what I’d agreed to and now it was too late to object.

For some reason I’d crawled closer to her, probably because the movie was scaring the shit out of me and I felt safer in her present.

«Don’t go in there, don’t go in there...» I whispered to myself, half covering my eyes with my one hand, the other one taking a hold of Lauren's upper arm. 

«Don’t. Don- YOU IDIOT!» I screamed from the horror of seeing someone being cut in two by a maniac with a chainsaw, a standard action in any horror movie.

When my nerves had settled I took myself the privilege of stealing a glance of Lauren, she was leaning her head on her one arm, the other one staying still for me to grip. 

Wait was she sleeping? Omg, she was the one who wanted to see this!

I slapped her arm, waking her up abruptly and glaring at her.

«I’m awake!» She burst out while widening her eyes.

I rolled mine, continuing to scowl her. «I almost died of fear and you’re just sleeping. Like seriously, who are you?» I stated and she chuckled before pulling me into a hug.

«I’m sorry Camz.» 

New nickname? For some strange reason I got warm throughout my body knowing she’d made me one, a special one.

Her body was close to mine as I looked up at her eyes, they were sparkling and the golden line was more clear than ever.

I wanted to stay in her arms, because for the first time I truly felt like home.

_______________________

Lauren’s POV

I felt someone hitting my arm lightly and as in a reflex I screamed out. «I’m awake!»

Looking over at the responsible one my eye caught a glimpse of Camila, who was sitting extremely close to me, not that it bothered me at all. She gave me an annoyed look and I could hear her cute voice speak.

«I almost died of fear and you’re just sleeping. Like seriously, who are you?»

I was a vampire, sitting close to you. And I think I’m falling for you. That was all I wanted to say, but instead I let my rational side control and pulled her closer to me. «I’m sorry Camz.»

Camz? Where did that come from Lauren? I was waiting for her to arche away, but instead a wave of comfort went through every part of my body.

She looked into my eyes and I knew she saw the line, but I didn’t care. Everything with Camila just felt so right, right here, right now.

I didn’t even notice that time had ran away from us because I was being captured by her chocolate eyes that gleamed of kindness and love. 

With difficulties to restrain myself I felt my whole weight lift from the couch and I leaned in. I was so close to her lips, but then her arm pushed me lightly off. 

It was useless to try hide my disappointment and I was sure it was written all over my face by this time.

«I think I have to go...» She didn’t meet my eyes, but instead had a steady glance at the door.

«Let me follow you.» I suggested even though I was still affected by the rejection there was no way I was going to let her go by herself, no matter if it was just across the street.