Maybe then we'd remember to slow down

A/N: Hey guys!! I'm SO, SO sorry I've been gone for so long! I've had writer's block and a bunch of crazy shit happen. My weight is dropping, family quarrels, final exams at schools, etc. I also co-own a new account and have one chapter on a book published if you guys are interested! The account is: ghauro-sitkolsonless

Hope you all enjoy the chapter!! (By the way, if J is reading this, I'll start a Joshler ff for ya lol. I'm also not a celebrity, I promise.)

---

*Rick's P.O.V.*

*two days later*

Today we were performing in New Jersey, and I was beyond excited to get to see Sienna again. Her health has been declining some, but luckily, she's still been able to perform with her band. Performing makes her really happy, and if her disease takes that away from her, I don't think she'd be the only one crying. It's already taken away so much from her; my heart breaks every time it takes away something else. It's taken away her long hair and eyebrows, days that she could be spending time doing things she enjoys, her health, and the list could continue on forever. All of a sudden, my phone buzzed, causing me to jump a little since it caught me off guard.

"I'm here, " the text from Sienna read. Before I could respond, I was running down a long hallways towards the back entrance where Sienna was waiting for me. I got to the door and opened it up to see Sienna getting out of a cab. I ran over to her and engulfed her in a huge hug. Her arms latched around my neck tightly, and I picked her up and spun her around. Small giggles left her mouth, and I put her back down on the ground still holding onto her. We both pulled away after a few minutes, but we both kept holding each other loosely in each others' arms. We were smiling and taking in the presence of the other. Sienna was wearing a long sleeve, black skater dress that was short and went only halfway down her thighs. Underneath her dress, she had on transparent black tights. She was also wearing black platform boots that came up just over her ankles and had a chunky heel on them and loose black socks that came up about an inch and a half past her boots. To match, she was wearing one of my black beanies that I had left behind for her, a long silver necklace, two silver rings on each hand, and a black backpack. She was wearing a dark grey to light grey wig that had random waves in it to make it look natural and messy, and her make up was done flawlessly.

"I missed you, " I told her, cupping her cheek with my right hand. She smiled and leaned into my hand. I pecked her nose, earning a small giggle from her. My smile grew, and I felt so happy to be here in this moment with her.

"I missed you too, " she responded, looking deep into my eyes. I leaned down and planted a soft, gentle kiss on her lips. I pulled away about a second after. She still had a big smile on her face, and butterflies erupted in my stomach because I knew I had put that smile there.

"We should probably head inside, " I suggested. She nodded, and we let go of each other. Instantly, I missed her touch and longed to hold her again. I laced our fingers together as I led her back towards the stage for the show.

*after the show*

"Okay... now!" I stated. I watched as Sienna carefully untied the blindfolds and gasped when she realized where she was. I had brought her back to the boardwalk in Cape May, New Jersey, where I had asked her to be my girlfriend. She stood wide-eyed at her surroundings and a big smile crept onto her face. Her contagious smile spread to me, and I grabbed her hand. I led her down the pier to the exact spot I had asked her to be my girlfriend.

"This is where you asked me to be your girlfriend. It's crazy to be back here, " Sienna told me, resting her elbows on the railing and looking out at the ocean. A salty breeze brushed through her hair and lifted it up off of her shoulders.

"That was a fun day, " I chuckled.

"It was, wasn't it? I'm glad we got the chance to come back, " she responded. The smile on her face never left. I fumbled around nervously as I pulled a small, black velvet box out of my pocket. I got down on one knee and cleared my throat. Sie looked at me and gasped when she realized what I was doing.

"Sienna, my god, all this time I've spent with you has been the best moments I could've ever asked for. You're the strongest, kindest, most loving, and overall most amazing person I've ever known. Your strength inspires me every day as you continue to fight through your disease as if it's nothing. I can't imagine living a single day without you. I love you more than I could ever possibly measure through words or distance. Will you marry me?" I asked her. Her eyes were full of tears, and all she could do was nod. A large smile quickly formed on my face, and I slipped the ring on her fragile finger. I stood up and embraced her in a hug. Her arms latched onto my neck, and I wrapped mine tightly around her waist. We pulled each other as close as we could, leaving zero space between us.

"I can't wait to be your wife, " she whispered, holding me tighter.

"And I can't wait to be your husband, " I replied, kissing her head and pulling her closer. I then lifted her up and spun her around, to which she responded by letting out a quiet squeal and a few giggles. She was perfect beyond measure, and she was going to be mine forever. Time was going by so fast, and I wished that it'd slow down ever once in a while for me to enjoy perfect moments like these longer. Fortunately, Sienna is mine forever, and I can have moments like these for the rest of my life. She was mine, and I was hers. Forever and always.