Prologue

5 years earlier
Being the new kid always sucked. That is, unless, your name was Cole Galloway.

Blessed with devilish good looks and a deadly swagger, the kid was christened the king of Madison Junior High on his very first day of eighth grade. Widely perceived as God's gift to the female population of the school, he smiled his perfect braces-free smile and ran his hand through his sun-kissed blonde spikes.

He was the bane of every eighth-grade male's existence, garnering more female affection with every smoldering glance from his pimpleless face than most of the boys had received in the entirety of their awkward, smelly lives. And, as if his popularity amongst the ladies weren't enough, he had to go and be God's gift to football as well, earning him an entourage of male wannabes.

"Sweet Moses," Lana breathed. "That boy is fine, and mine."

"He's okay, I guess," Colby agreed, tossing a book into her locker.

"Look," Morgan groused. "Just because all you want, have wanted, and will ever want is Wyatt, doesn't mean we can't all appreciate...that..." Her eyes drifted toward the exceptional specimen known as Cole Galloway.

Colby shrugged in complete disinterest, one of only two girls known to display indifference toward the handsome newcomer.

"What's so special?" Wynona scoffed. "He's just another stupid boy."

Wynona was the other one.

"He's coming!" Lana shrieked. "OMG, how do I look?"

The girls fell into silence as the charming stranger reached their group, his retinue in tow. He stood before the quartet, his smile beguiling.

"Hey," he said to Wynona alone. "What's your name?"

"My name," she replied sweetly, pressing her fingers to his chest. "Is off limits. Don't speak to me. Don't even look at me. I know who you are."

All around them, jaws hit the floor, Cole's followers gasping at Wynona's sheer audacity. Lana and Morgan gaped at their friend, incredulous with secondhand embarrassment and jealousy. Colby simply snickered.

"Ta-ta!" Wynona added, blowing a parting kiss his way as she retreated down the hallway.

Cole followed her with his eyes, consumed with determination.

He would win her heart.

Come hell or high water.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, everyone! Welcome to the passionate hurricane of love and secrets that is Wynn and Cole. Introduced in my first book Never Mine, follow their journey to happiness...or is it :)