Roadtrip

"Pack your bags, Galloway," Wynona breathed into Cole's ear.

He smiled. Wynn was nothing if not demanding.

And perfect. And beautiful. And his. Finally, his.

"What for?" Cole asked, kissing the column of her neck as she shivered under his touch. She'd already managed to surprise him once that day, having sneaked into the boys' locker room post-football practice. It was bold, if a little crazy, but he was always the last to leave, and she knew it.

"I'm taking you out on the town," she answered as his strong hands explored all the swells and curves of her body. She captured his mouth with hers, clasping her arms tightly around his neck. His pulse beat wildly beneath her wrist, and she found herself in disbelief that a man like Cole could ever want someone like her.

"Are you planning to make us invisible first?" he teased, nipping at her lower lip. "I know our parents are out of town, but their employees are still all over the place. Taylor, too."

"I've handled the details," she promised as their eyes met. "I'll meet you at Walmart in an hour. Bring an overnight bag and tell Taylor you're staying with a friend. I'm sure she'll be more than happy to have the house to herself." Wynona winked, smirking as Cole grimaced.

"Gross! I don't even wanna think about it..." he groaned.

She wiggled out from where he had her pinned against his locker. "I'll see you in an hour. Get that fine ass movin', babe!"

He watched her retreating figure knowing that he was about to push his luck. While he was free and clear where his parents were concerned as they weren't even in the country at the moment, Taylor would be another story.

Still, there was no way he was going to pass up an overnight date with his new girlfriend. He'd fought so long, so hard for this, for her—he wasn't about to miss out. Her enthusiasm and spontaneity were absolutely contagious. Besides, Taylor would never miss him, and she'd certainly never spy his car. The Walmart parking lot was the perfect camouflage, as his pretentious sister would never be caught dead there.

Yep. It was a risk he was more than willing to take.

...

Cole was taking his life in his hands.

But he refused to steal Wynn's joy. She was by far the scariest driver he'd ever ridden with, and he wasn't certain how she'd managed to achieve licensed status. Still, thus was her plan, and she was determined to execute every facet of it. He was completely at her mercy and loving every minute of it.

Even if they had almost run a semi off the road just moments ago...

"Where are we headed, Nono?" he asked, their fingers laced together on the console between them.

"I wasn't gonna tell you until we got there, but...we're going to see The Chainsmokers at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas," she said, glancing quickly at her beau. "What do you think?"

"I think you plan better dates than I do!" he admitted, his excitement plain.

"That's not all, though," she continued. "We're also spending the night downtown. I have another surprise for you in the morning, and that one I'm not sharing." She gave him a sly smile that made his breath hitch. It was then and there that he knew he'd never feel worthy of her.

"Wow," he sighed. "As the man in this relationship, I need to seriously step up my dating game."

"Please, gramps!" Wynona giggled. "It's not the 50's! Besides, you've done more incredible things for me than I can count. You deserve this—this, and so much more."

"I love you, do you know that?" He brought the back of her hand to his lips.

"You shouldn't," she whispered. "But I'm glad you do. I love you, too."

...

"Last night was epic. For so many reasons," Cole said with a wicked grin as he pulled Wynona closer. "Waking up next to you is even better, though."

"You're insatiable, Galloway!" Wynona cooed, climbing on top of him. She covered his face with kisses before he seized her mouth with his. And while she might have been content to stay right where they were for the duration of the day, she had something more in mind.

"We need to get ready to go," she purred against his lips, eliciting a groan from her beloved. He wrapped his arms tightly around her slender waist, determined to remain in their own slice of paradise a little longer.

"I'm good," he mumbled as he dropped kisses over her shoulder. "What's better than this?"

"How about tickets to watch the Cowboys versus Packers?" she proposed.

"What?" he gasped as his eyes met hers. "You didn't!"

"I did," she crooned before kissing the strong line of his jaw. "I so did."

"Well, they're gonna have to wait," he growled, turning her onto her back. "'Cause I'm so not done with you yet."

The smitten pair emerged from their room just in time to run the several blocks distance to the game hand in hand. Two hot dogs, cokes, and nachos later, they were taking their seats on the fifty-yard line, front and center, with some of the best seats the stadium had to offer.

"How in the world did you manage this?" Cole asked, incredulous at all she'd done for him. "These seats can't be easy to get. Or cheap, for that matter."

"Who cares about that?" she responded, delighting in his wonder. "We're here, we're together, and we're having fun!"

"I'll say," he agreed.

They cheered and hollered as the teams took to the field, losing their minds when the Packers fumbled the kick-off. When the Cowboys recovered the ball in the end zone, taking a six-point lead within the first thirty seconds of the game, Cole wasn't sure he'd ever recover from the hysteria of it all.

"Baby!" he shouted, taking Wynona in his arms. "This is insane! I don't think anything will ever top this date." He released her, keeping one arm slung around her shoulders as they remained on their feet, taking in the chaos of the stadium.

She smiled, pleased that she'd been able to pull the whole thing off. He'd pursued her with an eagerness and passion that left her feeling desired in a manner she never could've imagined possible. He'd become her heart and soul.

So what if their union was forbidden? She was convinced that there would come a day when their relationship would see the light of day. No more secret rendezvous or sneaking around—a love as pure as theirs shouldn't have to remain hidden.

No.

One day it would be revealed for all to see. She wanted the world to know that she loved Cole Galloway, regardless of the consequences.