Preparations

A/N:
Date 4-12-17

Hey everyone! Sorry for not publishing in a few days.

It's probably going to take a few days for each chapter from now on because I'm writing longer chapters than in the first book and I'm reading the chapter after typing it to edit. Plus I've been busy.

This chapter isn't as short as I said it would be. I said it'd be around 2000-2500 words, but it's longer than that.

Word Count: 3381

Now on to the story!

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2: Preparations

Adrian stands in the middle of the aisle staring at all of the school supplies. "How does anyone know what they're supposed to get?" Adrian muttered to himself.

Adrian was already regretting his decision to go to school this year. This is for Ivie. The voice inside Adrian's head reminds him.

Last night when Adrian was talking with Ivie, Adrian had been thinking about how he didn't want to have to wait every day before seeing her. Ivie would be going to school while Adrian would be sitting around at home or he'd be at work.

Adrian thought it would be best to pass himself off as a senior, since most people assume he's around 18 years old. That means that he won't be in most of Ivie's classes because she's a junior, but at least he'll see her in a few classes and at lunch.

Adrian could even get himself into her homeroom class, since their school has mixed homerooms where it doesn't matter what grade your in.

And that's why Adrian is now debating what school supplies to buy. Adrian told Ivie he'd be going to school with her, and she told him they don't get a school supplies list until school starts. Then the teachers could tell everyone what they need for each class.

So Adrian grabs the essentials and checks out. Adrian figures he can get the rest later or ask Monique to do it if he's busy.

//////////////////

"I can't believe he'd do that for you!" Vanessa exclaims, practically squealing in Ivie's face.

Ivie rolls her eyes at her best friend. "It's not a big deal. Everyone goes to school."

"No they don't! Especially not him. How many times has he gone to high school? And how long has it been since the last time?" Vanessa asks, crossing her arms and readying for an argument.

"I don't know, Vanessa." Ivie says with a sigh. "I didn't ask."

"So you're okay knowing hardly anything about your boyfriend?" Selynn questions Ivie, although she uses a curious tone instead of an expected judging one.

Ivie lets out a frustrated groan and flops on to the couch, but knowing Selynn means well. Ivie just wishes that Selynn's question didn't complicate things.

"This is my first relationship. I don't want to push for more info than he's ready to give. I don't want to be a pushy girlfriend." Ivie explains to her best friends.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm not exactly an active social person when it comes to guys." Selynn says with an unconcerned shrug.

Vanessa is glad that being single doesn't bother Selynn, especially since Vanessa isn't too shy in that area herself. Sure she gets nervous, but Vanessa can fake confidence well enough.