Traditional Vampire Style

A/N:
Date 4-20-17

I thought that the origami vampire fangs in the picture above are cool. The best origami I've made was a cat. I should learn to make vampire fangs XD

---------------------------------

Chapter 7: Traditional Vampire Style

Adrian got a note from the Cloud World, also known as his fake parents, to give to the school office about a "family emergency" that he and Monique had to leave town for.

Monique is working today while she should've been at school, and Adrian's driving to his own job.

Well, Adrian is now. Adrian slept in and sat around being his lazy self before leaving around 3pm. After all, Adrian has until Sunday to finish this.

///////////////////

During the five hour drive to Roxana, Illinois, Adrian thinks back to the night that he killed the rogue Alpha.

Adrian just now realized that's the first kill he's made in over a year. Don't judge, accidents happen. And sometimes there's "accidents" that are necessary.

But Adrian tries to stay off of that path. The careless path that ends with explanations like "it was necessary" and "it was for the greater good."

Adrian killed Matthew Ellington, the rogue werewolf, to save Lucas and Mason. Yes, revenge for them may have been slightly mixed into that. But can you really blame a guy for that?

Adrian had honestly thought that Lucas and Mason were dead when he got there. Their blood stained the ground as the Alpha had stood over them. Isn't justice a good thing? That wolf definitely needed to "meet his maker" as some might say.

Death was the best option for Matthew. Obviously. So Adrian refuses to feel guilty for the demise of someone who deserved everything he got. And much more.

"Okay, enough of that." Adrian says to himself in his brand new car, reaching over to turn on the radio.

The Cloud World had some extra money transferred into Adrian's account so that he could buy this brand new, blue Honda Civic for himself. Blue to match his eyes.

The best part is that Adrian gets to keep the car.

Adrian's favorite radio station, Power 96.5, fills up the comfortable interior of his car.

Adrian grins to himself as he listens to one of the top songs that just came on the radio.

"Gold jewelry shining so bright."

"Strawberry champagne on ice."

"Lucky for you that's what I like, that's what I like."

Adrian drums his fingers against the steering wheel while singing along to "That's What I Like" by Bruno Mars.

The song is catchy and it's playing on the radio all the time. It's hard not to like songs like this one, even if the lyrics aren't the most appropriate. Oh well, that's society today.

Adrian wonders about the job he's heading towards. The last sighting of the rogue vampire was in Roxana, Illinois, so that's why Adrian is driving there now.

/////////////////////

About 30 minutes away from his destination, Adrian starts passing crops. Adrian knew that Illinois was a farming state in some parts, but did it have to be corn?