Earlier Years

A/N:
Date 4-13-17

Hey everyone! So I fell asleep while writing this. Not because it's a boring chapter (It's not boring) but because I stay up way too late on school nights. Yesterday I was awake until past 2am writing and reading, then I got up around 6:30am.

So I've worked hard on this chapter, rewriting some parts of it multiple times to get it right. I hope you enjoy!

Word Count: 2459

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 3: Earlier Years

Adrian can't believe he actually agreed to this awful torture. Who wants to get out of bed at 6am to go learn in a place full of moody teenagers?

Adrian may look like a teenager and act like one, but sometimes he just can't stand them. And today he feels like hating everyone for no reason.

Adrian doesn't remember feeling this way about school before, but it has been awhile since he tried going to school. Last time as years ago and Adrian stayed three months before he dropped out.

Adrian smirks as he looks at himself in the mirror. Let's see how long this time lasts.

Adrian just finished fixing his blond hair to perfection, so he runs a hand through it to mess it up slightly. Perfect is overrated. Isn't that the motto lately?

Adrian has done his best over the years to perfect the way he blends into the newest ways of society, always keeping up with how people act.

Adrian is sure that Monique would agree that he's good at being a teenager of this generation. Adrian tries his best to be witty and arrogant but caring and hurting at times.

It all comes naturally to him now. Only a few years ago Adrian had been playing a part. Now he's living it.

Honestly, Adrian is only kidding himself. Adrian usually stays the same no matter what time period it is. He's always sticking out in the crowds by being himself.

It's like the world adjusted to him and not the other way around. Adrian has been stuck in his sarcastic ways for a very long time.

It took Adrian a year after being turned into a vampire to find himself again. He was lost in the bloodlust and madness, but somehow he made it back.

Those hard times are the reason Adrian changed. He used to be very different from how he is now. Adrian used to do the right thing no matter what he wanted. Adrian always put others before himself. Obviously, Adrian has changed a lot.

Adrian attempted to return to the way he was as a human, only to find that it hurt too much to try doing the right thing all the time when he knew he'd done wrong for a full year. 12 months. 365 days.

The only reason that Adrian snapped out of it that day, exactly a year after his "death", was because his sire came for a visit.

For Adrian, his sire is the vampire that turned him. That vampire wasn't super powerful and hadn't known until a year later that he turned Adrian.

Adrian had been living with his father and mother in a small wooden house in the state now called Illinois. That territory had been renamed "Upper Louisiana" just as Adrian had lost his human life and moved on from that territory.

Adrian considered his death common for most vampires. It's what some vampires call the snatch and drain. The name is an explanation of its own. The vampire grabs someone off the street and drains them. If you're lucky (lucky in the way that you live afterwards but can't really go back to your old life) the vampire will turn you into one of them.