Murderous Kitsunes and Vicious Wolves

A/N:
Date 6-12-17

Hey everyone! The picture is wolfsbane.

This chapter is a long one! Whoops XD

Word Count: 3184

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29: Murderous Kitsunes and Vicious Wolves

Lena feels a vibration in her pocket as she stands to enter the building from the roof. Lena pulls out her phone to see a text.

"I got away and found Lucas. Meet me at the back door." Lena reads the text that says it's from her dad.

But Lena remembers her dad saying that if he texted her, he'd text the numbers 911. Which means her dad has been taken somewhere and someone is trying to trick her out of hiding. Not going to happen.

Lena rushes over to the door to the building and twists the handle. Since it's locked, Lena concentrates on radiating electricity into the handle from her hand. It takes a few impatient minutes, but Lena finally succeeds on frying the lock.

Lena walks tentatively through the door, shutting it quietly behind her, just in case someone comes up here and sees the door wide open. That would be a dead giveaway.

Lena descends down the staircase, pausing at the first door she sees. A sign above Lena's head says 5. Might as well start searching for Lucas here.

Lena leans her ear against the door, straining to hear if anyone is on the other side. Not hearing a sound, Lena opens the door and steps onto the fifth floor.

~*~

Meanwhile on the first floor, Adrian is instructing Mason on what to do. "We need to look for this guy." Adrian says, pointing at his phone, which displays the picture Lena sent of the guy who. Mr. Sterling said can help them.

"I don't want to waste time searching this place, so let's find this Malcolm kid and get Lucas." Adrian says quickly, putting his phone in his pocket and peeking through the window.

"Let's go." Adrian demands, slipping into the hallway silently with Mason close behind.

They walk down the hallway, discreetly glancing in rooms as they go, searching for Malcolm.

Adrian opens a door to the stairwell at the end of the hall and Mason follows. Their footsteps echo on the steps as they hurry up to the second floor.

Adrian and Mason walk the halls quickly, not seeing Malcolm, then head back for the stairs when they suddenly hear a shout.

"Hey! Stop right there!" An angry male voice yells from behind Adrian and Mason.

"Get to the stairs. I'll be right behind you." Adrian says to Mason before he races away using his super speed.

Adrian grabs the guy's head before he can pull a gun on Adrian, then smashes the hunter's head on the wall to shut him up. Adrian picks up the guy and throws him in what appears to be a closet.

Adrian runs swiftly back to Mason, who is waiting in front of the door to the third floor in the stairwell. "Did you kill him?" Mason asks Adrian softly, fearing the answer.