Crazy Uncle Lane

A/N:
Date 6-6-17

Hey everyone! So after writing this chapter and the next one, I realized the ending should be a bit longer because things aren't moving as quickly as I thought they would.

So I'm aiming for this book to have around 35 chapters instead of 30. It doesn't sound like much, but a lot can happen in 5 chapters. *hint hint*

Word Count: 2930

---------------------------------------------

Chapter 26: Crazy Uncle Lane

Mr. Delaney glares at his wife, unable to believe that she just said something so stupidly insensitive. "Let me explain, Selynn."

Selynn doesn't say a word, shocked at this turn of events.

Mrs. Delaney grabs the whole box of tissues, sitting down on the bed and sniffling.

"Do you remember me telling you about your Uncle Lane?" Mr. Delaney asks, starting off his explanation.

"Yeah, you said he was sick and put in a mental hospital." Selynn answers, remembering the story of her crazy Uncle. "Are you saying that's going to happen to me?"

"No! I'm just telling you..." Mr. Delaney tries saying, but he can't get his thoughts in order.

"Okay, it's a hereditary illness, but it doesn't affect everyone in our family, and the people who have it aren't affected in the same way." Mr. Delaney finally gets his words right, able to explain a part of his secret past.

"So I have an illness that's passed down through our family?" Selynn questions, her heart rate picking up and her breathing becoming uneven as she starts to panic.

Selynn has a strong suspicion that this illness isn't all of the story. Selynn's mom told her not to think of herself as a monster, and someone who has a mental illness is not a monster. So what else is there to the story?

"Technically, yes." Mr. Delaney answers hesitantly. There's definitely more to this story.

"What's going to happen to me? And when?" Selynn asks, not wanting to bring up her visions. Is that the illness? Having weird visions of the future? That doesn't sound too bad.

"It could be affecting you at any time. That's why you were supposed to be taking your pills, to prevent this." Mr. Delaney gives Selynn a stern look. "But I think we all know that it's been affecting you."

Selynn looks down at the ground, clenching her fists at her sides to keep her hands from shaking. What is her dad trying to say? He obviously knows about the visions.

"Selynn, we know you've been having visions. You see the future, don't you? And you've been helping your friends." Mr. Delaney says.

Selynn decides to stick up for herself in this matter. "Yes, I have been helping them. And there's nothing wrong with that."

Selynn suddenly realizes something that she never even considered. How would her dad know that she was helping her friends, unless he knew they're supernaturals... Which means that he could be a hunter too. Like Mr. and Mrs. Sterling.