Humor Relieves Most Situations

A/N:
Date 6-14-17

Hey everyone! Just in case you thought otherwise, the quote above is not mine. I find all of my quotes online :)

You're near the end of this story.

Read onward my story starved soldiers!

(I'm sorry, I have no clue where that came from) Here's the chapter...

Word Count: 3145

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 30: Humor Relieves Most Situations

Lucas is able to change back to his human form when they get back to Cain. The wolfsbane must've finally given up with torturing.

Lena is relieved to see that Lucas and Mason are magically clothed, even though they were just wolves. It's like they never shifted at all.

Lena's train of thought quickly cuts off when she sees Lucas wince as he gets out of the truck bed.

"Are you hurt?" Lena asks as she notices that Lucas' shirt looks dark on the side. Dark like blood? If he was wearing a shirt that wasn't black, Lena figures that spot would be red.

Adrian had stopped at Lucas and Mason's house to drop them off, but now he notices something off. Adrian puts the truck in park and gets out, walking over to them to see what's wrong.

Adrian gets a whiff of blood, quickly glancing over at the source. "Why are you bleeding, Lucas?" Adrian questions in confusion.

"I'm fine. It'll heal." Lucas answers, stepping to the side to get past Lena and Adrian.

"Lucas-" Lena tries to object, but Adrian stops her.

"Stop it, both of you. I hate to be the responsible one here, but Lucas, you need to go make sure you heal. And Lena, you know we have school tomorrow." Adrian advises.

"Adrian's right. You all have school tomorrow." Mr. Sterling adds as he leans against the truck.

"And it's late. I want to go to sleep." Adrian adds, revealing that he wasn't only thinking of what's best for everyone else. But who would be?

Adrian is tired from the days of searching for Lucas and the destruction the hunters caused by the Kitsune Vampires. Adrian is ready to be done with all of this.

"I'll make sure Lucas is okay." Mason tells Lena. "Now go home." Lena sighs, but obeys and turns to go home.

"Do you want me to drive you home?" Adrian asks, gesturing to the stolen truck.

"No, we'll walk." Lena replies without looking at Adrian, making the decision for herself and her dad. Lena walks home silently while the night's events play through her mind. This couldn't be over, could it?

Lena has a bad feeling that this isn't the last they'd see of the hunters.

~*~

Mr. Sterling didn't say a word on the short walk home. He was still processing everything that Lena told him on the drive back to Cain.

But Mrs. Sterling definitely had something to say when they entered their house around midnight.

"You, I will speak to in a moment." She pointed an angry finger at Mr. Sterling.