Overbearing Parents and Moody Teens

A/N:
Date 5-18-17

Hey everyone! This is another long chapter. I have no clue why they keep going this long. I guess I just keep trying to fit everything into one chapter.

If you haven't already, please check out my new Wattpad book, Basically My Online Diary.

Word Count: 3193

------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17: Overbearing Parents and Moody Teens

"Are you sure you're okay?" Lena questions with deep concern, while hoping her parents don't come outside.

"I'm sure. Let's go back inside." Lucas says to convince Lena that he's fine. But Lucas isn't fine. His stomach is in knots, more so than it has been all day.

It's as if Lucas is on the verge of turning, even though the full moon isn't until Monday. Lucas needs to talk to someone about this.

It's too bad that Adrian was faking being a werewolf. Lucas needs someone experienced to help him out this time. But maybe Adrian can still help, even if he is a vampire.

So Lucas decides that he has to talk to Adrian. He'll go after the dinner is over, as soon as possible.

"Okay. Just don't flash your eyes like that." Lena tells Lucas wearily.

"Like what?" Lucas blinks, wishing he had a mirror to see what color his eyes are.

"Very funny, Lucas." Lena says with a tired smile. It's a good thing that Lena turns to go inside just then, because Lucas couldn't force his lips up in a smile.

It wasn't funny at all. Lucas didn't know that his eyes changed color. He didn't feel it. And if Lucas can't control his eye color, there's going to be a huge problem.

~*~

"Are you sure it was just water that made you choke? You could be allergic to pepper spray." Mrs. Sterling says as they sit back down at the dinner table, all appetites gone for the moment.

"I'm sure it was the water. I'm not allergic to pepper spray." Lucas tells Mrs. Sterling with a smile.

"Alright. So let's talk about you some more, Lucas." Mrs. Sterling says, making Lucas nervous again.

Hopefully he's not too nervous, because that means that Lucas is emotional, and that could lead to more loss of control.

Lucas keeps the smile frozen on his face while he fists his hands under the table. "You have siblings, right? I believe I've heard of them from Lena before." Mrs. Sterling says sweetly, as if she's trying to ice a cake with her voice. What's that about?

"Mom, I told you this is Jerica's brother." Lena responds in exasperation.

Lucas stares at his plate, hating that he has to be associated with Jerica. She isn't exactly the nicest person, plus she makes bad impressions.

"I think Lucas can answer for himself." Mrs. Sterling says, narrowing her eyes at her youngest daughter.

Lucas looks up so he can answer for himself like Mrs. Sterling suggested. "Yes. Jerica is my younger sister by a year. I also have a twin brother named Mason."