Warm and Queasy Feelings

A/N:
Date 5-16-17

Hey everyone! Sorry for the wait on this chapter. I made it extra long this time to make up for it XD

Word Count: 3274

-------------------------------------------

Chapter 16: Warm and Queasy Feelings

"Lena! Ivie! Come out here!" Mrs. Sterling yells to her daughters the next morning.

Lena and Ivie rush into the living room to see what their mom needs because she never yells for them in the mornings unless they're running late for school.

"What is it, Mom?" Lena asks as she adjusts her backpack on her shoulder. It's almost time for her and Ivie to head for school.

"I want to give you girls something." Mrs. Sterling says as she hands each of her daughters a box.

They open it to find a small bottle of mace pepper spray in each box.

"This is for you girls to protect yourself. You just spray it in the face of your attacker." Mrs. Sterling says with a nod. "Aim for the eyes."

"Thanks Mom." Lena says, indulging her mother by taking it.

"I'm also going to start driving you to school every day. It's too dangerous walking or riding your bikes." Mrs. Sterling adds. Lena and Ivie usually walk or bike to school because they don't have a car.

Ivie can drive and Lena has her permit, but neither of them own a car. Any time they've driven anywhere, they've used their dad's car.

"What? No, we'll be fine with the mace." Ivie argues immediately because she doesn't want to be dropped off at school by her embarrassing mom.

"I won't hear of it Ivie! I'm driving you girls to school and that's final." Mrs. Sterling says sternly.

"But Mom-" Lena tries appealing to her mom, but is interrupted.

"No! You will be in the car in ten minutes or you will be grounded. That means no phone, no leaving the house unless it's necessary, and no boyfriends!" Mrs. Sterling demands.

Lena and Ivie grudgingly comply. They don't want to lose their social life because of an argument with their mom.

~*~

Lena climbs out of the backseat of her mom's car in a hurry, hoping her mother won't do anything to embarrass her.

Ivie does the same from the passenger seat. Ivie and Lena close the doors to the car, praying their mom won't say anything.

But Mrs. Sterling doesn't take the hint. She rolls down the window of the car and yells to her daughters.

"Be safe! I'll be picking you up later!"

Mrs. Sterling is holding up the line for drop off at the front of the school. Another student gets out of their parents' car and heads for the front door.

"We should hang out more often! I'll make time for you today so you can have your boyfriends over again!" Mrs. Sterling tells her daughters as they slowly back away.

The student walking by gives them a sympathetic look. Ivie holds in a frustrated groan before saying, "I have to study with Vanessa and Selynn today."

"Okay. So we'll just have Lena's boyfriend over." Mrs. Sterling says with a huge grin, like this is all perfect.

Ivie sends Lena a glare that says "you better say yes."