Couldn't Hide Forever

A/N:
Date 5-24-17

Hey everyone! Sorry if there are any mistakes in this chapter! I was on the phone with my sister while editing this chapter, so I wasn't paying full attention to it.

Word Count: 2900

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20: Couldn't Hide Forever

Selynn looks around at the smiling faces, feeling overwhelmed and claustrophobic, like everything is on the verge of spinning.

Selynn can't let go of the vision because it keeps coming back to her. It has to be happening right now.

Selynn grabs Vanessa's hand, forcing a smile on her face as she pulls her sister away from everyone and into the kitchen.

"I need to talk to you." Selynn whispers urgently as she grabs a plastic cup filling it with water. Selynn feels like someone just turned up a heater and the room is filling with too much warmth. She downs the water fast.

"Why are you whispering?" Vanessa asks her sister in the same quiet tone.

"Like I said, I need to talk to you." Selynn says, emphasising that it needs to be now.

"About...?" Vanessa prompts.

"The vision I had. I think it's happening now. Hunters are breaking into someone's house right now." Selynn insists, realizing with every word that this is correct. Vampire hunters are actually hunting someone.

Adrian's head snaps towards the kitchen, listening closely as he hears Selynn trying to quietly tell Vanessa something that is obviously important. Something about hunters.

Adrian's grin drops in horror. They've found him. Adrian quickly recovers, putting up a blank expression so as not to alarm anyone.

But it wasn't quick enough, because Monique walks over to Adrian after she notices the look on his face.

"What is it? What's happening?" Monique mutters, barely making a sound so Adrian has to strain to hear her and no one else will hear.

"Nothing. I thought I heard something, but I didn't." Adrian responds, knowing before Monique even argues that she doesn't believe him.

But this is far worse than the way Adrian thought Monique would react.

Monique decides to call out Adrian in front of everyone, so that he's forced to reveal his secrets.

"I'm sick of this, Adrian. Stop lying and tell the truth!" Monique exclaims, anger burning in her eyes.

Shoot. She's not letting it go this time, is she?

Adrian's eyes flick around the room, where Lucas and Mason turned towards them because they picked up the noise with their super hearing. And because they noticed, everyone else noticed.

Everyone in the room has stopped to listen to the drama of the Lee siblings.

Vanessa and Selynn suddenly hear most of the noise in the living room vanish. The only sound to be heard is the music playing the background of silence.

They slowly creep into the entrance of the living room to hear and see what's happening. Selynn wonders if everyone was listening to her and Vanessa's conversation, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

"Monique, I don't know what's gotten into you, but I'm not lying. Nothing's happening." Adrian says in a cold but quiet voice. He wishes that everyone would ignore them and go back to dancing.