Three Types of Hunters

A/N:
Date 6-2-17

Hey everyone! For this chapter, I'd like you to figure out what the three types of hunters are.

Good Luck! XD

Word Count: 2587

--------------------------------------------------

Chapter 24: Three Types of Hunters

"Fine. What do you need to tell me?" Lena asks her mom suspiciously, crossing her arms.

"It's multiple things, honey. Maybe we should sit." Mrs. Sterling replies gently, taking a step towards her bed.

"I'm good right here. And aren't you supposed to be going to work?" Lena questions, eyeing the work bag on the floor that her mother dropped at Lena's harsh words.

"I can go into work later. This is more important." Mrs. Sterling says, and for once, Lena can agree with that.

But work has always been important to her mom, so Lena's confused on why she would take time off work to talk to Lena.

Mrs. Sterling sits on the bed, patting the spot next to her to indicate that Lena should sit, but Lena doesn't budge.

"Alright. There are a few family legacies to discuss here, so be prepared." Mrs. Sterling cautions, but Lena only looks at her blankly.

Mrs. Sterling sighs, then gets on with it. "As you seem to know, me and your father are vampire hunters. First, I want to know how you knew that. Then I'll tell you about my job."

Lena huffs in annoyance, shifting her weight to her other foot nervously. Lena knows about her parents because of Selynn's visions and Adrian's knowledge of hunters. But Lena can't tell her mom that.

"I'm not stupid. I can tell when something weird is going on. Lucas helped me figure it out. And when you started targeting him, it became really obvious." Lena says furiously, glaring at her mother like she's the devil.

"What do you mean? What did you two do to figure this out?" Mrs. Sterling questions, worrying that her daughter did something she shouldn't have.

Lena looks down at the ground, suddenly feeling a bit guilty for sneaking into the basement with Lucas because it's forbidden. But Lena pushes away the guilt because she needed to know what was down there.

"I went in the basement. I saw what's down there." Lena says, clenching her jaw and staring her mom in the eyes.

"When? When did you go down there?" Mrs. Sterling asks, sounding worried and slightly scared.

"The night you left for vacation. If it even was vacation, since your whole life seems to be a lie." Lena snaps.

Mrs. Sterling relaxes slightly, but looks nervous as she shifts in her sitting position.

"I know you've been locking people up down there. Are you torturing them? They were vampires, weren't they?" Lena demands to know, wanting her theory to be proven right, but at the same time hoping that her mom has some explanation that has nothing to do with crazy.