An Empyt Heart.

I don't own anything of YU-GI-OH!  But I do own the plot so please don't steal. Thank you.

Last time on Depression and Desperation :
"A-Atem" he whispered "I-I l-l-love yo-u"
"Yugi, don't go, please, stay with me"
"Atem, g-g-good-b-by-e" with a tear in my eye I knew it was too late "goodbye, Yugi, I love you too" I cries freely, speaking whilst hiccuping. With the last ounce of strength Yugi smiled before he passed into the afterlife, where we will meet. Someday.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Normal pov.
It's been a year since Yugi died, Atem took it rather well, Yugi died at the young age of 18 (A/N: this is mostly for my benefit, I couldn't remember how old Yugi and Atem we're....)  Atem is currently in Yugis room, searching for clues as to why Yugi went into depression, why he was so close to ending it all. Atem decided to ring Joey and Seto to help him.

Atem pov.
"Any luck guys? " I asked.
"No nothing yet" Joey said
"Why do you care anyways Pharaoh?  It's not like it will bring him back" Seto said with a bored tone (A/N: guys I'm sick of saying 'said' so if any of you can help me, just pm me)
"Because I cared about Yugi and I love him, he may not be around anymore, and that's evidently as I have the full power of the puzzle back but I wanted to know why he ran away in the first place,  it's important to me" I explained to which he nodded and carried on looking
"Atem!  You have to see this! " Joey exclaimed
"What is it? " I asked whilst walking to his side.
"It's Yugi's diary" he held out to me a small A5 book, it was a redie-purple colour and had a gold colour ribbon inside it and the pages we're bordered with the same gold colour as the ribbon. On the side of the book 'Yugi's Diary' was embroidered onto it. It felt soft to touch, he looked after this well. I took it from Joey with so much care, this is Yugi's and it's clear that he treasured this book, it may sound weird but I could feel the emotions written inside, it ranged from extremely happy, to the other end of the spectrum, complete darkness. I opened the book and to my surprise it was directed to me, why me of all people?  So I sit on the bed.
"This first page, it's directed to me" I say towards no one in particular
"Shall we leave you alone? " asks Joey I smile and nod
"Yes please, thank you, both of you" Seto and Joey just nod and leave silently.

I sit back and start to read.

"Dear Atem,
If your reading this it means that I'm rather dead or I've given you permission to read my diary....
-----------------------------------------------------------
I'm even getting exited for the next chapter....

Atem: why cut it short??
Mel: because I'm mean!!
Atem:....okay then....
Mel: yes I'm weird, get over it.

Anyways
Vote, comment
Until next time
Fangirl out.