as simple as that

cross+posted on vka
+ perhaps a lil messy

A healthy relationship is something Taehyung has finally found, or well, he found out a while ago but hasn't really reflected over it much. Many struggles with past loves led to having trust issues and in the beginning of his relationship with Jeongguk, it had been hard committing to it properly. Before, things had been hard, simply with Taehyung never feeling good enough to let Jeongguk in which led to difficulties in developing their relationship. However, after two years of smaller fights with Jeongguk trying to build up the trust between them but Taehyung just having a hard time with it, it ended really well.

Though, despite all their fights and arguments back then, Taehyung knows it was all worth it as he wakes up on a Sunday morning with the window cracked open, a light breeze entering the bedroom, goosebumps covering his bare arms and he looks to his right, Jeongguk's sleeping face one of the prettiest things he's ever laid his eyes on.

Yes, it's cheesy. Taehyung is cheesy but he loves being it, Jeongguk likes it too.

A small line of sun has managed to slip through the little crack between the curtains and has fallen on top of the white, light sheet that covers the two, making the room look and feel even cosier than it did the minute before. Yawning, Taehyung uses his elbows to lift his upper body up a bit, looking around the not very big space that he and Jeongguk decided would be their bedroom ten months ago. Ten months has passed since they moved in together, Taehyung smiles at the thought and he's happy; happy with life at this very moment while his eyes scans the room and he falls in love with the atmosphere.

(Or well, more like falling in love with Jeongguk through the room if that's even possible, but the atmosphere isn't bad either, he'll admit. Early mornings are nice at times.)

It is when his eyes move from the open window to the sunlight on the sheets, back to the younger boy with messy, brown hair lying next to him and then falling to the floor where he sees the clothes Jeongguk wore yesterday during their little night out together with Jimin and Yoongi that his smile even widens. For the earlier times in their relationship, things like making love and taking that step scared the older. Making love is like sealing a promise about the love between the two individuals (those were his grandmother's words, though he has always kept them in mind since she passed away two years ago), and Taehyung really hadn't felt ready to commit to that type of promise for a very long time.

Even after making it official with Jeongguk it had taken at least half a year before Taehyung really felt like he could promise that the love between them was special.

Their love is special. Everyone knows that. It's not assumptions, it simply is a well-known fact.
Taehyung has never felt too comfortable talking about it — it meaning making love; sealing that specific promise his grandmother always spoke about.

His eyes soon fall back on Jeongguk, the brown hair being messy not only because of sleep, but because of their own little time giving each other as much love as possible after coming back home from a nice time out with great friends last night. Nowadays, thinking or talking about such things never makes Taehyung uncomfortable, mainly because he's with someone he's sure he can love forever and no matter how cliche that sounds, it's just the truth.

They like taking their own time, never rushing or stressing. Usually, it starts off with simple, light kisses either when sitting on the couch, standing in the kitchen or after lying down in bed after a long day. Not that yesterday had been a particularly stressful or even a long day, but sometimes it just comes naturally (it did come naturally all of the times actually) and Taehyung is thankful for it being so easy. Saying no is also easy. While it comes naturally, it never ever feels forced either.

Jeongguk moves a little, a sign that his sleep is starting to go away and Taehyung looks at the boy he's fallen so deeply for, his love never fading or even wavering for the past three years. He prays with his whole heart that his feelings are right about that it'll stay strong and steady until the end of his days.

Laying back down onto the mattress, turning a little to fully face Jeongguk, Taehyung's eyes light up as he watches the younger squirm slightly, arms stretching upwards before falling to rest on his stomach, eyes opening beautifully and Taehyung really can't help the flutter he feels inside as he watches the other wake up.

After a handful of seconds, Jeongguk turns his head, eyes meeting the older's and he greets him with a sleepy smile, teeth showing briefly. "Morning," Jeongguk says, voice just the tiniest bit groggy but raspy, reaching a hand out to let it rest on Taehyung's cheek, thumb slowly moving back and forth. For some reason, their morning greetings has always been "special" after a night filled with love. Might sound weird, but they appreciate these moments too. Not that they are needed or anything of that kind, simply just because it gives them a different type of appreciation for both their love and also each other.

Taehyung sighs happily before he just lifts himself up a few inches to be able to move easier, leaning in and pressing his lips softly against Jeongguk's, letting them linger there for a few more seconds than originally intended. As he pulls away a little, he doesn't move back, he simply lays down again but a lot closer than before, arms coming to wrap loosely around Jeongguk's waist underneath the sheets. Cold hands against warm, smooth skin, Taehyung feels happier than before and he leans in again, the younger now cupping his face as they kiss for longer than before.

"Slept well?" The older asks as he pulls away for the second time, lips ghosting against the other's. Jeongguk just nods. "You?" And Taehyung nods too.

Then they simply stay like that, arms lightly around the other as they look at each other, a kiss here and there, small talk coming and going, clothes remaining untouched scattered over the floor from yesterday, hairs messy from the night before but they are simply thankful.

They love it; they love each other. It's as simple as that, and no one should take it away from them.