Chapter 5: It's Over

+0+++0+

Chapter 5: It's Over

^^ Day 3 ^^

*Tobias POV*

I desperately turn my head to look back at Tris as I am being dragged out of her room. I am yelling for her to just hear me out, telling her that I need her in my life. It kills me to see the way that her shoulders are shaking as she sobs. She is hurting so badly and it is all my fucking fault, I hate this, I hate myself. I'm quickly escorted out of the main hallway and out past the secured doors.

Waiting outside is Kelly White, the therapist that had handed me her card earlier. She walks over and asks me if I am calm enough to have a conversation so that I can learn about what is going on. I decide in that moment that I need to know what the hell happened to Tris. I stop resisting the guards that are restraining me and urge Kelly to tell me.

She explains to me that the area I was just dragged out of is a secure wing that is not just for Tris, but for multiple women that were held captive until recently. It is a place for all the victims to recuperate and feel safe. I frown, understanding the meaning behind her words.

I apologize for the disruption and agree to calm down. She nods to the guards to show me to a conference room to the side of the large room we are standing in.

As we are walking I notice off to the side there is a man that is crying loudly and holding a woman with two small little girls, their small arms wrapped around her legs. I hear the older child cry, "I am so glad you are home mommy!"

I feel a lump rise in my throat. It is such a personal moment, so raw yet so beautiful. I am happy for these strangers, but it also amplifies the despair I feel about my situation with Tris.

Kelly explains that Tris had already signed a legal waiver for me to be able to hear her confidential legal and medical information. I nod my head for her to continue. I am given a briefing on the multiple kidnappings of Genetically Pure women from the Bureau and Providence over the last couple of years. A secret lab where testing took place was discovered and Tris was one of the victims found that was alive, but in a medically induced coma. Kelly explains to me that although a year has passed for me, to Tris it feels like the day she woke up from her coma, was just a day after she last saw me.

My head is pounding at how painful my relationship with Christina has to be for her. Earlier when my passion for Tris took over, I wasn't even aware Chris existed- that moment it was only Tris in my heart. She was right, it was not ok for me to push intimacy with her so soon. Especially since I have not ended things with Chris. It doesn't make it right, but I was desperate for Tris, but that's still no excuse. I do love and respect her. I need to treat her as such, not just say it.

I am also shaking with fury to learn that she was held for a year, like a lab rat and experimented on. I have to take a moment to get up and walk around. I want to break something, or someone.

I hate this situation. While I was living my life, my love was in a terrible situation and God only knows what she was enduring. While I was screwing Christina this last month. Tears fill my eyes, but I quickly wipe them away. I realize that Tris is going through something terrible, and all I have done is make things even worse for her.

I walk back in the room, I know that Kelly knows what is going on because of my dating Christina.

"Kelly, please listen to me. I adore Tris, she is the love of my life. I have never stopped loving her, not for one moment. If I could turn back time, and not have started something with her best friend, I would. I know I've hurt her, but she loves me too. Can you help us? Please?" the emotion in my voice is thick, pleading even.