Chapter 7: Family

+0+++0+

Chapter 7: Family

^^ Day 6 ^^

*Tris POV*

I am running through my exercise routine with the trainer that is assigned to our group of survivors. The bureau has a technology that allows us to pick a background setting to go around the indoor track. The girls and I have decided the ocean view is our favorite, as we find it the most relaxing and motivating. It is a nice change being the winter months. It is so cold and dreary outside.

Jessica and Michelle are in great shape as well, the technology used when we were each in a coma was incredible. I feel just as fit as I did at the end of my Dauntless initiation.

 I feel just as fit as I did at the end of my Dauntless initiation

After our run we sit down to relax and catch up. I have made it a point of staying inside the secure section of the center, I have zero desire to run into Tobias or Christina any time soon. I know I can't hide out forever, but I decided to take a couple of days for myself. I hope they go back to live their happy little lives in Chicago soon.

The meeting to say goodbye to Tobias and Chris was excruciating. I don't know what I expected from Christina, but it sure wasn't that. Michelle and Jessica think that she is reeling from losing Tobias and that she is going to fight for him and lash out whenever possible.

I cringe, remembering the ugly things she said to me. I am disgusted with them both – it was as if I was nothing to him. He replaced me completely, with my best friend. I don't think she even cared that I was alive. No that's not true, she cared, cared enough to be bothered by my existence. Not to mention Chris had zero guilt about being with him, as though she thinks I deserved to be punished. While she deserves him.

Equally painful was the meeting Tobias and I had in the following days. I had not planned on meeting with him, but Jessica and Michelle convinced me that it was wrong not to give Tobias a chance to meet with me one on one. The girls felt that even if we could not move forward, having a goodbye meeting alone with Tobias would be healthy. Not so much, the meeting was very painful for us both.

"Is Caleb going home tonight?" Michelle asks me, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah, he is leaving late tonight. I hope he enjoys his new start in Chicago, I am counting on him to keep up his end of the deal."

++o++ Flashback ++o++

I am sitting anxiously waiting for Caleb to be brought to the secure portion of the visiting center. I will not be doing any transport-bay greetings anytime soon.

Suddenly the door opens and standing there is my brother. At seeing him, I am overcome with happiness and sadness. Joy at seeing him in person, and sadness as I miss my mom and dad more than ever in moments like these. What I would give to have them still be here with me, to have my own mom here to help me deal with the Tobias and Christina fiasco.