Chapter 19: Our Son

Chapter 19: Our Son

^^ Late Afternoon ^^

Date: Two months, and one week+ since Tris was found

*Tobias POV*

Tris and I shower quickly, check out of our hotel, and then need to rush over to Johanna's management offices. Amar has many connections in the Bureau Security department that he trusts. He has assembled a small team that has been working off the information Tris and I transferred to them late last night. Zeke and Johanna have been helping as well.

As I usher Tris in ahead of me she is immediately approached by Amar and Zeke.

"Tris! I knew you were alive, but actually seeing you...wow!" Zeke smiles at her as he pulls her into his arms. For one moment I see something flash across Tris's face when she looks at him, but then she smiles politely back and the first thing she brings up how much she cared for Uriah, and how sorry she was that he passed. It has been over a year for Zeke, therefore thinking about Uriah is not as raw for him anymore. I cringe for a moment, remembering my involvement in his death. I cared for him too.

Johanna called me over talk and now I can't hear what Tris and Amar are saying. He pulls her into a brief hug as well. As I am listening to Johanna and keeping an eye on Tris, Zeke joins us to help Johanna explain their progress. Two of the men that were already in the room join Tris and Amar to review some documents. One of them puts his hand on Tris's arm and leaves it there too long for my liking. I also don't like the way he looks at her when no one is looking at him. He is blatantly checking her out, the word leering being a better fit. I breathe in and out to calm myself.

"Johanna, I'm gonna borrow Four for one minute if that's ok?" Zeke says smiling.

Johanna nods and then walks over to someone who is examining data over a computer screen.

I glance at Zeke for a second before I turn my attention back to Tris and that guy that is checking her out. Zeke steps into my line of sight, blocking my view. I frown at him.

Zeke's eyes are wide, "Four, what the hell man? You are watching Tris as though you are going to charge over there and pound any guy that looks at her." He pauses as though thinking about his words, "I know it is hard seeing her, but you said you were done chasing her. I just don't want to see you make a fool out of yourself...again."

I remember that Zeke doesn't know what Tris and I have been through the last couple of days, and that we have found our way back together. "Zeke, I love her and she loves me. We are going to give it a try, and all I can say - - I'm completely devoted to her." I smile at him.

Zeke's brows knit together as his jaw drops. He then closed his mouth and nods as though he is choosing his words carefully.

"Um, wow! I am shocked, after months of chasing her and being shot down...also...isn't she engaged? I just saw that boulder of a diamond she has on her finger." Zeke frowns, looking at me as though I'm an idiot.

My cheeks flush, I don't like feeling as though what Tris and I have is under scrutiny. I also hate she is still wearing that fucking ring.

"It's complicated, ok? I know that. She knows it. And right now – I have a son, a six month old baby that I need to worry about. So stop judging us, please. I need your support, not your wagging tongue," I snap.

"Well shit, excuse me for saying something to you. I don't want to see you get hurt...again. I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to ask a simple question. Which by the way, why is your great 'love' wearing another man's ring, is a simple question," he says. I can hear the disappointment dripping from his tone.