Chapter 23: Our New Normal

Part III: Healing

Chicago
+++o++++o++++o++++o++++o+++

Chapter 23: Our New Normal

+++o+++ +++o+++

Chapter Disclaimer:

This chapter includes mature adult themes. Topics include depression, suicide, as well as adult consensual sexual situations.

At the start and end of the adult sexual situation I will use this symbol: /XO/

+++o+++ +++o+++

Chapter 23: Our New Normal

Date: Early June +o+ Baby is 8 months old

^^ A month and a half has passed ^^

*Tris POV*

Beep.

Beep.

Be-

Startled from deep sleep by the sudden noise, I crack my eye open to see it is still so dark in our studio apartment. It must be really early...ugh, I'm so tired. We only use the alarm for days that Tobias has to be in the office at an ungodly early hour, which is not often.

Having an eight month old doesn't really allow for mornings of leisure to be able to sleep in. Andy is ready for his breakfast by seven AM. Eight AM if I am really lucky, which almost never happens.

Tobias quickly shuts off the alarm, I hold my breath as I count in my mind.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine and TEN.

"We are in the clear, baby is still asleep," Tobias whispers in my ear as his arm suddenly wraps around my waist. He must have been counting as well.

"Argh...babe, was the alarm a mistake? It is so early, it feels like it is four or five in the morning..." I softly whine, my interrupted sleep making me feel a little cranky. Not the best way to start the day.

Tobias sits up and begins to pull me up. "It's five-thirty. Come on sleepy head, this was no mistake."

I raise my eyebrows as I allow Tobias to pull me up to my feet and wrap his arms around me.

"Well...I knew that Andy would be sleeping, and I wanted to lure you into the shower with me. I could really use your help this morning," he whispers while kissing my neck suggestively. I feel an instant pull in my stomach, my sleepy state quickly forgotten.

"My help? With what exactly?" I ask, straight faced.

"You see, I have this problem... I've got an amazing woman that has me on edge all of the time. I just can't stop thinking about her...really dirty and inappropriate thoughts," he murmurs softly. His breath tickling the strands of hair that fall behind my ear.

My cheeks instantly flush. Tobias has the ability to affect me with words alone. I close my eyes and slowly breathe in.

"Hmmm...I am not hearing what the problem is. Your issue sounds marvelous so far." I smile at him.

Tobias smiles back and silently picks me up off my feet, his hands under my butt as I wrap my legs around his waist.

"The issue...there is this twenty pound little child that is the most amazing kid...but...." Tobias teases while nibbling on my earlobe.

"Aw, there's always a 'but'," I laugh as he starts to massage my butt firmly while walking to the bathroom.

"This twenty pound bundle of joy forces me and this amazing woman to be really quiet while we make love, since we live in a smallish studio-apartment...it makes it really hard for me to do all the things I want to do to her, and whenever I want to do them." He sits me on the bathroom sink and then very slowly and quietly closes the door.