Chapter 36: Andy Turns ONE!

Date: October 1, 2801 +o+ Baby is 1 year old today!

^^ Three Weeks Have Passed ^^

*Tobias POV *

Smiling to myself, I remember that I can actually enjoy my weekend. Now that the election is over, I don't have hours and hours of reports to edit, conference calls to run, and polling to do on my time "off".

Johanna's win came just in time, a week before Andy's birthday and his party. It was a long road, but I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome. I have always believed in Johanna's vision for Chicago, and now through government representation, she will have an even louder voice.

She mentioned needing to speak with me about my future role on her team; she would like to see more from me. Johanna and a few other of my coworkers will be at Andy's birthday party this afternoon, but I doubt we will end up talking about politics and policy here. I'm sure Troy and his wife will have their hands full with their four kids, and they now have a fifth baby on the way. Tris has also invited a few coworkers and their families to the party, and of course our family and closest friends. I know Tris is beside herself with happiness that Jessica and Michelle have traveled to Chicago to spend time with us.

I can't wait to remind Jessica that I will be picking out her kid's Halloween costume next year.

"I am almost afraid to ask why you have that evil smirk on your face. You are definitely planning something!" Tris laughs as she enters the common room of her apartment building. I walk over to grab the large boxful of decorations out of her arms. Tris still has some bags filled with supplies hanging on her wrists.

The party room in Tris's building is much larger than mine, so we are having Andy's party here. It has a full kitchen, a pool table, and an array of couches and chairs, even some dining room tables to enjoy a meal. My favorite thing is the large screen TV, not that we will be using it today.

"I'm just looking forward to seeing Jessica at the party. I want to go over some Halloween costume ideas for her kid," I answer to Tris's question. "Since I will be picking it out."

Tris winks at me. I don't think she is convinced Jessica will give me true decision-making power in this area. We shall see.

"Everything good upstairs?" I ask.

"Yes, Andy just went down for his nap and your mom is watching him while also doing some last minute food prep," Tris says while helping me open the box to begin sorting the decorations. "I also called Caleb's apartment just now, and Candice is still decorating Andy's cake. But, she promised she will get it done in time, even if they don't make it until just before the party starts."

We hurry to decorate the party room, often working in comfortable silence, and stop here and there to share hugs and kisses. Tris is always the one to pull away and concentrate on making sure everything looks perfect. When she thinks I am not looking, I catch her frowning. Finally, after the third time, I have to say something.

"Hey, come here." I pull Tris into my arms and kiss her forehead for a moment, allowing my lips to rest on her. "Don't be stressed, this party is going to be perfect. Our family and friends just want to celebrate Andy with us."

"I know," she replies, still sounding tense. Wrapping her arms tightly around my waist, Tris turns her head to kiss me lightly on the lips. Holding her so closely, I can feel her tremble slightly.

"If it's not the party, what is bothering you, Tris?" I push her for an answer before disarming her with a passionate kiss. She melts in my arms as our lips press together. I feel her relaxing more and more as each moment passes.