Chapter 18: Towards My Heart

+++o+++ +++o+++

Chapter Content Disclaimer:

This chapter includes mature adult themes. Topics include depression, suicide, as well as adult consensual sexual situations.  At the start and end of the adult sexual situation I will use this symbol: /XO/

+++o+++ +++o+++

Chapter 18: Towards My Heart

^^ Later that day ^^

Date: Two months, and one week+ since Tris was found

*Tobias POV*

The first thing I see when I wake, lying in bed with Tris, are the birds flying over her collarbone.  The path of their flight, moving towards her heart.  The soft bed sheets are wrapped tightly around us both. She is sleeping soundly, I know she's exhausted. I got a few more hours of sleep as she was in the bathroom watching the video footage.

It is so painful for me to even think of that day, but I am grateful it is what brought her back to me. Seeing for herself how important she was and is to me, it opened her heart to me again. I glance at the clock and smile, we have hours before we are meeting Johanna, Zeke, and Amar.

I want to let her sleep and I am also enjoying watching her, feeling her warm body pressed closely to mine. I think about how incredible our love making was last night. I've never felt anything like it. To really love someone and then experience that closeness is unlike anything else. Of course we were also in love that night on the couch, but it was the first time for us both. Sensual images and feelings of last night replay in my mind.

"Wow, you must be thinking about something nice...I don't think I have ever seen you smile so big," Tris quietly giggles as she runs her fingertips across my jaw.

My face flushes with embarrassment as I realize that she has been awake and watching me think about us in that way. I smile and lean over to kiss her lovingly. She welcomes my kiss as she runs her hand into my hair at the back of my head.

"Morning." I whisper in her ear and then kiss her temple.

"Good morning," she bites her lips and looks into my eyes. Her eyes shift down to our naked bodies, only covered by a thin sheet.

I pull her closer to me, my hand on her hip. Her eyes are now wide awake. I kiss her cheek, then her jaw, then her three ravens, lingering on each one for a few seconds. Her hands find my waist, and she sighs with pleasure.

"Tris," I say, "I hate to say this, but...I think we have a few things we need to talk about. About this..." I motion with my hand to our entangled bodies.

"I know we do." She looks apprehensive for a moment before a calm settles over her and she meets my gaze. "But I think we should get dressed before we sit down to have a serious conversation."

"What?!" I joke.

She laughs as I roll over and pull her so she is laying on top of me and I tickle her sides. I lean up as she leans down our lips connecting. Our kisses are slow and sweet, I savor the feel of her lips on mine.

My hands lower from her sides to hold and massage her lower hips.

"I love you," I tell her as I break the kiss.

She smiles at me tenderly and then leans down to kiss my jaw, and then she begins kissing down my neck.

"OK Tris, my self-control is about to go out the window!" I say as I move my hands to gently grab her butt and pull her even closer to me.