44: Like a boss

Mahal kita.

   - Jhiro

💟💟💟

Jhiros POV

I guess this is the end.

" Fuck! "
I cussed and tossed everything that scattered on my desk.

" Chill man. It's not your fault na corrupt lahat nang mga tao sa board. They're hungry for power. " Marcus said trailing before me. The meeting was over. Jhiyo just got the remaining 35% of the shares.

" Damn Arnold! Who wouldn't have thought he's a fucking scum. " I said at pasaldak na umupo sa swiveled chair.

We both sighed when Marcus phone rung.

" Hello? What!? W-wait. That's —" I automatically met Marcus gaze.

" Jhiro, we got a problem. "

" What? " I asked and raised a brow.

" It's about Mr. Lee..." He trailed off. I don't have a good feeling about this.

" He's canceling the investment. "

" WHAT!?? " I shouted. Mr. Lee was my only solid card in this game. If he ever backed away along with the old man. I'll be left with nothing.

" Well—it's not him but his son. It seems he takes over after Mr. Lee got stroked two days ago. " Marcus stated.

" Why!? We got the deal! It's not that I—"

" Lee Chen. Doesn't ring a bell? "

Lee Chen?

" That Lee Chen is Mr Lee's Son. The same person you said you didn't want to deal with. "

" Shit. "

I won't give up just like this!

All the hard work.
Tears and sweat I poured into this.
Like hell I would give up.

I dialed Mr. Lee's secretary and arranged a meeting.

" Hello? I'm Jhiro Mijares. Yes, then around 1pm please. Alright. "

***

" Well, who we have here. It's Mr. Jhiro Mijares. The almighty Jhiro. One of the FLS twin tycoon and known as King in business world " Lee Chen said with sarcasm.

I really hate this guy.
He's an idiot who climbed up through his fathers influence and wealth. And to top it all. He look no where near Mr. Lee. He's a troublesome guy who use his mouth rather than his head to think. Oh. Not his biological son, he's adopted I heard. Glad to know they're not related by blood.

" Yes. I am " I said and smiled. Fakely.

He snickered and raised a brow.

" I would like to know the reason why the partnership between me and Mr. Lee was being pulled off by you? " I asked without beating around the bush.

" Because I don't think it'll be good to be your partner. " He said with a smile.

" Why is that? "

" Because isn't it right? FLS company was rumored to be a war zone between power struggles? " He said with disdain and mockery.

I know I should deny and beat his ass off using his own words. But, He hit where it hurts. Normally I would be in an uproar and take this as cool as it may seems. But I guess I'm mentally stressed for thinking this idiotic guy who rejected my proposal due to personal reason was making a point.