Fairy Tail Of Today

Not part of the official Fairy Tail series.

A warm ray of sunlight starting a beautiful summer morning in Magnolia. As the birds began waking the town, there was one already awake with the sun and making his way through the street directly leading to the main attraction of the town, the Fairy Tail Guild Hall.

That one was Nagata. The eldest child and son of Exile, Laxus and Mirajane Dreyar and the next in line to be master of the famous guild. He was a natural born leader and everyone but him saw he would be a perfect master for the guild. His confidence in himself lived only in the name most people knew him from. 'Devil Dragon'.

He would be featured in Sorcerer Weekly Magazine for his constant dramatic quotes and entrances. He couldn't help himself if fame was involved. Despite being a 30 year old man, he sometimes acted like he was 17 again.

He had coal-black hair and a light beard, highlighting his deep blue eyes. He wore a black coat that stretched down to his ankles over a sleeveless black skin tight top and white trousers. He strolled into Fairy Tail and took his known spot, sat on the left side of the bar. His mother Mira was known to stand behind the bar with her daughter and Nagata's younger sister, Nova. Laxus would lean against the same part of the bar Makarov would commonly sit on and Nagata would sit next to him and sometimes even lie there.

He took his place and his friend Strike passed him a drink. Strike was a long time friend of Nagata's, had an obsession for cleaning and being tidy, he loved to help out in any way he could and found it best to work at the bar alongside Mira and Lisanna. Or "Aunt L" as Nagata would call her.

Strike had matching black coloured hair to Nagata, but it was spiky and rather oddly messy for a person with OCD. He wore a sleeveless panda hoodie and a blue t-shirt with jeans. He leaned on the bar, watching the guild members pour in. Nagata sat up formally as Laxus walked over and leaned on his spot.

A smaller man scooted over to Nagata, placing his hand on his shoulder and yanking him off the bar, "hey, buddy!" He said as Nagata hit the floor with a loud grunt.

This man was Atarashī. He joined the guild at 16 and became a friend of Nagata's a little while after. He was a kind and caring person underneath his cocky, loud and slightly annoying and pervy personality shield. He commonly wore a black coat to his waist and white pants, matching the white of his checkered scarf. His scarf held an emmense amount of magic power for him to use when he needed that. Not only that, he carried a mysterious book in his coat he never revealed to anyone except Nagata, Laxus and Mira.

An intimidating man held Atarashī up by the back of the head and glared intensley at him with bright red eyes, "how rude, A." He said,his emotionless voice adding to his intimidation. This was Cain, a white haired Devil Slayer that Nagata met while undercover in a dark guild. They became friends and Nagata convinced him to come to Fairy Tail with him. He took 'Nice Lessons', taught by Nagata for a few years after but still after 'graduation', he struggled to keep the non-phsycopathic evil guy he used to be.

He wore a dark coat that nearly matched Nagata's, revealing his half demon black and normal skin chest, his Devil Slayer look was constantly revealed with him, he seriously never cared about anyone's opinion on him. His bright white hair and light scruffy beard made his eyes look even more scary as he glared.

The four sat at a table with two other guild members. One had pink hair like Natsu Dragneel's and had a metal right arm that had his rusty red Fairy Tail emblem on the shoulder. He wore black pants and no shirt, only straps that kept his metal arm in place and a holder for his katana. The other sat casually, his red hair hanging over his eyes and sleeve-ripped red hoodie open, revealing his burnt chest and left arm and black pants.

They were Dan Dragneel and Flame. Dan was quite a lot like Atarashī which made them both great friends and a good team, both their magics being heat related Dragon Slayer's. Flame was an Etherious demon that used Flame Curse magic, anything he touched set on fire, except for his clothes and the brown fingerless gloves with retractable blades fitted ontop of them specifically to set ablaze on command.

As Nagata sat, Flame flicked his hair back, fighting the urge not to pull it back with his hand and burn it all off, his firey red eyes staring behind Nagata as another white haired man crept up behind him, "Friday..." the white haired boy froze in position as Nagata turned to him, planting his face in his hand.
"What are you trying to do, Fri?" Nagata sighed as he waved his hand in the man's face, snapping him out of his frozen position.
He only leapt onto the table in front of Nagata and sat like a child, "nothing, nothing!"

Friday was a weird fellow. He was sort of a pet to Nagata, he never truly grew up from his childishness and Nagata seemed to baby him and act like a parent or big brother to him. If anyone were to have a problem with the skinny, sky blue eyed guy, Nagata was the first person you'd call. He wore matching clothes to Nagata, only his coat had a light bluish white on the shoulders. When asked, he'd give a cheeky grin and a wink. Nobody knew what it meant, most learned to expect a weird reaction like the from him. That's if he didn't act like a cat or a dog and bark or purr in a casual way like it was normal.

The group was all finally there. 'The two evils' Flame and Cain, 'the pervs' Dan and Atarashī and 'the grown ups' Strike and Nagata. They were all in there late 20s to early 30s and this was the group that would later be used as proof to show Nagata he was ready to become master of Fairy Tail as he was considered the boss of the team. However, they didn't always take jobs together. They'd normally just hang out.

Around lunch time, Atarashī and Dan went to the bar for food, Friday was sat on the floor by Nagata, listening to him tell a story and Strike was at the bar with Mira and Lisanna when Laxus pounded down the stairs from his Master's Office and shouted Nagata's name, "upstairs! Now! We need to have an important talk..." he turned back around and marched up the stairs, leaving the entire guild staring at a scared 30 year old man.

Ignoring the fear of being verbally demolished by his father, Nagata made his way up to the office, shutting the door behind him, "whatever Cain or Atarashī did wrong, I'd like to say I can't monitor them 24/7!" He exclaimed, hoping it would make the upcoming rant about his friends a little less intimidating.

To his surprise, Laxus laughed, "those two?! Hell no, my father always said to screw the council! Take the path you wish to your dreams no matter how destructive you are on it! Anyway, it's another important matter that I'm talking to you about today." Nagata chuckled in relief, he'd been worried for nothing. He looked up, seeing the proud but yet serious look on Laxus' face.
"We're here to discuss my retirement. And you becoming guild master." Nagata gulped hearing the sentence.
"M-maybe we could push it back! I don't think I'm ready..."
"Nagata, we've been over this for 3 years, you have to take my place soon rather than later! No more stalling, I'd prefer to see you take over than die wondering what I've left this place with." Nagata sighed, he knew that the time would come and he had stalled long enough to make the other members doubt him. Maybe it was time to take over the role of master from his father.