Team Nagata

Nagata had a plan to attack Black Crystal. But the mages he wanted were either battered from their recent fight, poisoned and magicless by the poison given to them or refused to move away from their loved ones.

After being questioned by Sorcerer Weekly, The Magic Council and the regular government, Nagata sat on a hill that overlooked most of the town, and now the pile of rubble where he was born and where most of his current life came to be.

To be honest, Nagata would be nothing without Fairy Tail. He picked grass from the ground as his headache grew with every passing second. He had told everyone to hand in their poison and stay away from it until further notice. As far as the guild members know, Nagata was working on a plan of attack in which all the mages of Fairy Tail could get revenge on Black Crystal. But Nagata had barely came up with anything.

He sat alone and spoke to himself, when suddenly, an idea popped into his head. It'd be risky, life-threatening and would need a powerful team of idiots to work. Luckily, he had that.

He marched back to the guild, grinning with self confidence as he walked back to the stage and turned to the small crowd of pumped up guild members. "Cain! Strike! Dan! Flame! Friday! Here, now!" The group of men all lined up in front of Nagata, expecting a loud complaint. "You're all coming with me to pay Scar and that idiotic guild a visit! You guys in?"
Strike looked over at his wife, then back at Nagata, "count me in."
Cain nodded formally and smirked, "let's show them Fairy Tail's tough side!"
Flame simply bowed his head and grinned in agreement.

Friday nodded furiously, smiling exitedly, "I can't wait to show my serious battle side!!"
"So are we!" A voice shouted out, erupted the guild into laughter as Friday pouted in embarrassment.

Dan looked down the line, pulling a uneasy face at Nagata, "just us?" He questioned.
Nagata nodded, confident he wouldn't turn down the opportunity.
"You're insane. You should just take me, I wanna barbecue as many of those bastards as I can!" Dan smirked and cracked his knuckles confidently.

"Perfect!" Nagata grinned, he had his team. But, if they were to run in fists blazing, they'd be killed almost instantly. They needed a full plan, and not the part of one like Nagata had. A well thought out plan, almost flawless. If they went wrong, their lives would be the price. Considering they didn't know anything about the magic and combat skills of the dark guild, it would take longer than they had.

The team tired themselves out trying to come up with a good plan. The sun began setting before a plan finally formed. Nagata isolated himself at a table among the rest of the guild, deep in thought of his plan. A dangerous, life-threatening and crazy plan. Finally, a decision was made and Nagata confronted Kaori, "I need you to stay behind with everyone else. Call in anyone you like to help out - me, Strike, Flame, Cain, Dan and Friday are leaving to take the fight to them. Nobody else is getting hurt."
"No way! If you're going, so am I!" She argued.
"You can't. Someone has to take care of the guild. He has my dad, and he attacked my guil-"
"Our guild!"
"Exactly...what kind of leader, or son, would I be if I didn't go and fight back? I'm putting my trust in you. Like I always have." He put a gentle hand on her shoulder and they hugged tightly.

"We'll leave in the morning!" Nagata called out to his team. They all nodded and Friday wandered over to his fatherly friend with a rare, serious look. Kaori left the guild for him to catch up and Nagata and Friday sat together alone.
"Are you going to die, Naga?" Friday sniffled.
Nagata took a second to think. Was he? "Do you need a place to stay for the night?"
"Mm-mm!" Friday shook his head proudly, as he pulled a happy grin, "I got a friend to help with that. Cadence!" He beamed.
"Ooh, a friend, eh?"
"I'm not that dumb! It's not like that, her cousin would cook me, anyway. Just friendship..."
"Well, good for you! About time you made another friend!"
"Why?..."

That night, the brave team went home with their loved ones and didn't mention anything of what to come. Dan spent his night with his girlfriend and partner in crime, Serena Fullbuster. They lay together and talked about almost anything but the danger to come. Strike went home with his wife, Irina, and they couldn't let go of each other.

Cain waited on the street for his girlfriend, Nori, when she arrived, Cain said nothing to her about any of it. He just wanted the best night of his life with her. They stayed up all night with each other. Cain didn't want to tell her about the mission. Or anything to do with it.

Flame was surprisingly not alone. His night went to an ice cold girl named Kumi. Perhaps the only girl brave enough and cold enough to withstand his intense fire curse. Scared it was his last night, Kumi cradled him like a baby in her soft and gentle, cold hands.

Nagata and Kaori didn't leave each others company for the entire night. Somehow the two shared the same fear that Nagata wouldn't return. Or some other terrible thing would happen. Despite this, they kept quiet about it and enjoyed their night.

None of them would dare say, but it wouldn't be wrong to say they were scared for their lives.