Flaming Iron

"Ice Guillotine!" A long, sharp spike of ice barely just missed Dan's head as it rained down ontop of him. Dan was still deep in combat with Deathstroke and Drake, the two dark mages could barely touch Dan as he dodged and weaved passed each attack. However, Dan could barely counter any of their attacks as they came faster than he could fight back with.

Deathstroke charged and extended his arm into a sword, "Iron Slasher!" He clashed with Dan's flaming katana and flung it out his hands. Dan flipped back from the reach of Deathstroke's sword and luckily grabbed Drake's ice axe and took it from him before he could be hurt with it.

As the ice axe melted, Dan could see Drake getting angrier and Deathstroke becoming impatient and annoyed. Drake raised one of his fists and an icy mist began to rise from the ground, fading the two mages from Dan's sight.

"Crap..." Dan muttered, frantically looking around for them. Every so often, one would pop up and punch or kick him then disappear into the mist. It wasn't too long before Dan came across his sword again and he picked it up, swinging it around randomly in defense.
"Whoever gave you that was pretty damn stupid not to give you lessons!" Drake teased.
Dan scoffed, "like you can talk, I don't have to hide in a cold mist to beat my enemy!"
"I'd take it as a compliment." Deathstroke's voice echoed throughout the mist.
"He's right, though. Enough talk! Ice Rain!"
"Cold doesn't affect me, idiot! Flame Dragon Slayer!"
"Sure! But it's not just cold!" Ice shards, sharper than needles rained down on Dan. He tried cutting, blocking and dodging as many as he could but with every one miss, more would hit.

"Flame Dragon's Roar!" With a deep breath and a spin, Dan cleared out the mist and swung his katana like nunchucks in his hands.
"Hah! Iron Tornado Breath!" A tornado of iron flew out of Deathstroke's mouth. Dan used his metal arm to stop it in his tracks, growling, his arm suddenly started to metal gently and the attack from Deathstroke grew weaker. His sword set on fire and his hair turned into red hot iron as he charged at Deathstroke, sword in hand.

The two clashed swords, but Dan's melted straight through Deathstroke's and knocked him down. He panicked and started crawling away in fear for his life. Drake jumped in from behind Dan, a shield blocked Dan's back-slash and an ice sword formed in his hand.

The two opposite mages began pushing against each other, growling at each other and glaring each other down. Eventually, Drake's shield melted and Dan raised his sword above his head. Drake's sword blocked Dan's and froze the two together.

Taking the opportunity, Drake threw the two swords away and kicked Dan back into Deathstroke. Another sword formed in Drake's hand, as did in Deathstroke's. The two swung their swords at Dan, but Deathstroke froze as quickly as Dan ducked under Drake's blade.

"Ice Dragon's Roar!" A swirl of frost and ice sent Deathstroke flying at Drake, who absorbed the attack with his fist. Dan had dived to the side and grinned as he approached Drake along with Serena, the new fighter. Serena looked and wore exactly as Juvia did, only her hair was black like her father's, Gray. Drake smirked and chuckled to himself as he caught one of Dan's fists. With his other, he summoned a large cage around them.
"Ice Warrior's Arena!" He tossed Dan back and faded outside the cage, laughing.
Dan wasn't wasting any time, "quickly! If he gets away, it might cost us the mission!" He informed Serena.
"Quickly what?!" She snapped, failing to break or consume the ice around them.
"Ice kiss me!"
"What?! Never!"
"Quickly. It's the only way we get out of here, right?"
Drake shrugged, still smirking and laughing.
"Do it!!" Dan shouted.

Quickly, Serena pulled Dan towards her and kissed him softly on the lips. Frost spread from Dan's lips to his face and the rest of his body, freezing him blue with cold. The cage cracked and smashed, shocking Drake and making him sweat with fear as Serena stared at Dan, keeling over and shaking on the floor. Stuttering and curling up, Dan nodded at Serena and she turned to Drake, giving him an ice cold glare as she charged at him, "Ice Dragon's Brilliant Icicle! Frozen Elbow! Diamond Fist!" Drake was hit with attack after attack, knocking him down each time.

"Water Make; Poseiden's Trident!" Serena pierced Drake's chest with a trident of water and sent a wave afterwards, washing him down the nearest river. She rushed back to Dan, dragging him to the nearest tree and sitting him up against it. She removed his and her own clothes and cuddled up against him to warm him, she whispered to herself as she held back her tears, "please be okay...please be okay...please be okay..."

Her tears were held back until it had been ten minutes and no warmth had come back to Dan. She began to silently cry, still trying to stay strong for him. Another few minutes past and nothing happened. She tightened her hold on him and cried into the side of his chest quietly. Her cold tears dripped down her cheeks and onto the ground, she reached out to her boyfriend's coat and wiped her eyes with it softly, laying it over him and giving him one last hug before she left.

That was when she felt the gentle press of his warm lips against her head and the warmth of his arm reach around her. She gasped and jumped onto him, drying her tears of joy on his coat to hide them, "idiot! Don't scare me like that!" She sobbed happily.
Dan chuckled slightly, "I don't know what you were worried about. You remember who you're talking to, right?" He gave her a signature Dragneel grin and hugged her tightly, "I'm not going anywhere if it's too far from you..."

The young couple kissed and stayed hugging each other until they become numb, and probably hugged long after then, too.