Ghosts Of The Past

At last, the last trio of Team Nagata reached Black Crystal's guild hall and their final obstacle stood tall and intimidating in front of them. Rihan blocked the entrance to the guild hall, a wall of demonic dark purple magic energy curving around them.

Cain stepped forward, accepting it was his turn to stay back and fight alone.
"Hey!" Nagata shouted out, "I need you."
"Oh, I know," he winked jokingly and turned seriously to his past partner in crime, Rihan. "But you and Arashi can put an end to Scar together. No pun intended."
Arashi scoffed and ignited his fists, intense and uncontrollable gigantic balls of fire drowned his arms in unbelievable heat, he held them down to the side, the air burnt up and an orange mist formed. He thrust his arms forward and a beam of fire, lava and heat energy burst out like a lazer, barely missing Rihan and taking half of the entire dark guild hall out in one.

Scar stood with a cocky grin, his long hair had been burnt short by Arashi's shot and his right sleeve was gone without a trace. His arm, however was untouched. Arashi let out a blood curling scream as he tensed a burning pain on his right arm. It was red and black, burnt and almost looked like scorched wood. He continued to yell out in pain and confusion. Scar only grinned more.

Nagata had had enough already. The second he saw his father, knocked out and tied up to a pole of wood, he launched forward at the speed of light and met fists with Scar. The two enemies locked eyes and continued their battle as Rihan began firing black and dark purple magic bullets at Cain and Arashi.

Cain reacted quickly and pounced into action, freezing the magic particles around and in the attacks, dispelling them quickly. He felt a little more confident in himself as he saw Rihan pull a troubled look, "forget I can freeze magic particles?!" He called out to him, grinning. Rihan stared at the evil look on Cain's face, realising he wasn't all good. He grinned back.

Arashi stood by Cain, showing his arm to him, "freeze my arm," he said firmly, "if I'm correct, Scar used mirror magic to use my attack back at me, somehow it had an affect. My arm will burn up until it falls off."
Cain did as Arashi said, frost coated his arm and Arashi's pain faded slowly. He ran off and joined Nagata in the fight against Scar.

Rihan cracked his knuckles and neck, "now, brother. Shall we take this elsewhere?" Black demon skin, just like Cain's snaked around his body, covering half of it just like Cain. The two powerful Devil Slayers launched masses of attacks in seconds as they each turned into blurs, in the colours of their magic. The two's attacks spread further and further away until Fairy Tail could hear them from their destroyed guild hall.

The Snow Devil and Dark Devil Slayer continued their battle until they were in the middle of Black Crystal and Kyūtī's soldiers. The fighting ceased once again as Cain and Rihan stood in the flat wasteland of a battlefield. Only long ranged attacks were fired at each side, the middle was a No Man's Land created by all different types of magic. Cain and Rihan now stood opposing each other in the middle of the grounds. Each stood in front of a side.

Rihan's demonic skin retreated into the Devil Slayer tattoo on his forearm. "Brother, we don't have to fight, you know." He said, kissing his teeth sarcastically.
"I don't follow. And stop calling me your brother, leave the past in the past!" Cain snapped back.
"Leave the past in the past?" Rihan repeated, sarcastically surprised, "my dear brother, have you really left our partnership in the past?"
Cain growled, "I've left the whole guild behind me! I'm nothing like you, or them!"
"Lies! Lies, told by that traitor you call a friend, Nagata!"
"Nagata has done more to help me that you ever have!"
"Is that what he says? 'Help'. He's changing you...he's bending you into a...a...a caged animal! What happened to my brother?! The Devil Slayer that was feared and did whatever he wanted as a result?!"
"You are the animal. I have friends, people that care. You just wanted to be feared. You just wanted a minion to boss around, we're not partners, and we're not brothers!!" Cain screamed in fustration, thrusting two hands foward, a deadly blizzard shot out of the air at Rihan and the rest of Black Crystal.