Explosive Lightning

The remaining members of team Nagata, Nagata, Cain, Arashi and Friday were now high up in the trees, jumping from branch to branch like ninjas. They were nearing their destination when an explosion knocked several trees down and onto each other. Luckily, most of the team made it past, Friday went flying out of the sky and hit the ground hard.

"Friday! Stop, Friday's down!" Arashi called out.
"Leave him! He'll be fine!" Cain shouted back.
"Cain's right," Said Nagata, "we'll come back for them all, later."
Arashi sighed, "alright. Best of luck to him."
"He won't even need it." Nagata grinned, reassuring him as they returned on their path towards Scar.

Meanwhile, Friday lay in the dirt, a black haired man sat beside him. The man wore a black jacket and shirt, black trousers and boots. The only thing that wasn't black about him was this skin and blood red evil eyes. He scraped a rock against another hard and woke Friday suddenly. "Mornin' sleepy." He chuckled as Friday say up rubbing his head.
"Who are you?" Friday tilted his head and squinted at the man.
"Me? I'm Kaitai. But you can just call me Death!"
Friday yawned, "I don't get it."
"What...whatever! Shut up and die!" Kaitai shoved Friday back with the palm of his hand, but instead of falling back, an explosion blew him back.

Kaitai grinned as he approached Friday again and did the same thing again. Friday gained the strength to dodge Kaitai's next hit and fight back, "Lightning Devil's Rage!"
"Explosive Dragon's Demolition Fist!" Kaitai's fist and Friday's attack clashed and blew a crater in the earth. The two were thrown back to either side of it and both quickly got back to their feet.
"Explosive? I like it!"
"Heh...no, you don't. Explosive Dragon's Secret Art; Exploding Breath!!"
Kaitai let out a deadly breath of explosions, expanding and extended further and further out like a balloon. Friday was blown back for what could've been miles, everything that was hit by the impact or the explosions was completely wiped out and flattened down to the ground.

Friday skidded along the dirt for a while after the explosions lasted. His clothes were torn and shredded and he was riddled with cuts and bruises. He felt himself being lifted into the air, when he looked to his sides, Dan and Serena stood strong and proud holding him up. The couple nodded at each other and Serena stood in front of them, firing ice shards and different sorts of attacks at Kaitai.

Dan shook Friday back into reality, "yo, you good to fight?"
"Yeah! I think...we'll see." Friday replied through heavy breathing.
Friday grunted out his pain and gentle white lightning began visibly flowing around his body. Dan set his arm, sword and hair on fire and Serena jumped back to join them together. "Ready, boys?"
"Dan, eat his magic. Girl, freeze what he can't eat."
"It's Serena!"
"Okay, Selema, freeze what he can't eat."
"Ugh, forget it."

The three charged Kaitai. Dan swung his sword upwards, narrowly dodging his side as he took in a deep breath, "Explosive Dragon's Ro-!" Serena summoned an ice cannon and slid down in front of him, blasting him with an ice cold cannonball. While he was in the air, Friday took the chance to knock Kaitai down and start to electrocute him with each time he ran close to or hit him.

Kaitai quickly became angry and exploded on himself, blowing Friday, Dan and Serena back. The three Fairy Tail mages recovered and quickly charged back at Kaitai, who now had most of his clothes shredded and burnt off. He shoved Friday back a few metres and blocked Dan's sword with his arm, blood leaked onto the floor and the sword as Serena came in beside them. She hooked her arm around Kaitai's and threw him into the ground, making him cry out in pain and lash out at her, sending her in an explosion past Dan.

Dan inhaled a large pocket of air, as did Kaitai. The two held there breath before Dan exhaled normally and Kaitai felt a sharp pain pierce his chest. When he looked down, one single streak of white lightning came through his chest and blood poured out. Dan's eyes widened, the huggable and playful Friday he used to know wasn't the man he now looked at as Kaitai fell flat on the group, lifeless.

A sinister silence fell upon the three mage's as they stared at the dead body on the floor. It was broken when Shinsestu came running towards them, waving out to Friday with a bright smile on her face. As she came closer, her smile faded and her happy look slowly turned dark and horrified as she let out stuttering whimpers and looked around at them.

Dan held Serena in his arms and looked towards Friday, Shinsestu gasped and covered her mouth. No way Friday would kill someone! He was always so innocent and kind! Playful and optimistic, it's impossible someone like him would do such a dark and evil thing!

Friday stared at Shinsestu, her shock at him shot him like an arrow through the heart and he began to back away slowly, looking down at his hand, layered with blood. He started to realise what he'd done and his old childish playful side returned. He looked once again at his friends, more horror struck him, the looks on their faces terrified him. Making him wonder what he'd done, who he was and what would happen to him afterwards.

Thoughts raced faster than himself in his mind, causing a growing headache. Finally, after coming to a messy conclusion to himself, he turned and ran. Scared of what he'd done, he ran further. Scared of the looks of his friends' faces, he ran faster. Scared of himself, he ran and ran and ran.