The Message

After a while of running and hiding, Dan and Cain decided to return to Fairy Tail. While they were there, they could get someone to telepathically connect to the rest of the team and send a message. They made their way to Magnolia, where they were met with unfriendly eyes.

Nevertheless, the two walked through the town, streets silent and threatening stares pushed them into an alley where they could talk. "What's going on? Did we miss something?" Dan questioned, looking around cautiously.
"I don't know. It might have something to do with the Black Crystal attack." Cain answered questionably
"Doubtful. They're a dark guild. Surely, they'd help us-" Dan was cut off by another voice at the end of the alley. It was a menacing male voice that sounded no older than the mages he was talking to. He said, "it's nothing to do with that dark guild. They another problem for another time, you're my problem now."
"Oh really?" Dan replied confidently, he was in the mood to start a fight, "what's your problem with us?"
"Well, it's the fact that I'm low on cash, and traitors to the kingdom like you are still walking the streets!" The man lunged forward, hitting Cain's fist with his own. To his and Dan's surprise, Cain was dragged back out of the alley, the concrete was ripped out of the ground from where he stood before and where he stood now.

Dan used the time to jump between buildings that created the alley and onto the roof of one, where an arrow dented his metal arm. The bowman stood at the other end of the roof, his dark red hair with gold highlights matched his bow and arrows colours. The brown arrow holder strapped over his chest and red open chest coat was filled with strange looking arrows with yellow tips. His brown trousers were dirty and battered, it suggested he knew what he was doing in the field of combat.

The bowman looked surprised to see no reaction to Dan being hit. Dan removed the arrow from his metal arm and threw it aside, "sorry to break it to ya, pal. But this arm is the legit thing for me!" He punched his fist and smirked, watching for another attack.

"We're not trying to fight them! Get to the guild, you idiot!" Cain shouted as he stood opposite a muscular young man with shaggy black hair and red eyes, his fists glowing orange and gold. He threw his sleeveless black coat in front of Cain, blinding him from the glowing fist that punched him into the wall behind him. Cain cough and stumbled to his feet. The muscular man picked him up by the collar and spoke deeply to him, "call me Rock." He threw him aside, Rock watched as Cain skidded and rolled down the street then stumbled back to his feet in a fighting stance.

Dan watched and growled angrily, "so what do I call you?" He asked.
"Hunter. Not that it matters." Hunter's emotionless voice added to his intimidation as he rushed forward, several arrows flying out his bow at Dan. The arrows were easily blocked by his metal arm and Dan charged forward against him, his fist flaming.
"Flame Dragon's Iron Fist!" His flaming fist barely missed Hunter's head as he ducked to the side, sliding another arrow out his holder. Dan panicked and reached back for his katana as Hunter fitted the arrow into his bow, he kicked Hunter's leg aside and they both tripped and slid down the roof, crashing back in the alley.

Cain layered his fist in frost, snow and ice as he clashed with Rock's. The cold armour broke and Cain felt a shock of pain spike in his arm. He let out a scream and jumped off Rock's knee, kneeing him in the chin, sending them both flipping back a few feet. They both saw the alley light up with flames and Dan sprinted out in the direction of the guild hall. Cain cheered him on as Rock yelled in anger, running after Dan as fast as his leg muscles would let him.

Cain sensed the final opportunity and froze the streets ground, keeping Rock frozen in several centimeters of snow and ice. Cain skated along the frost and ran along the wall beside him, he leaped off and gave Rock a final drop kick into the building next to him. The pain in his arm was still strong, he froze it over and ran after Dan.