chapter 4

Chapter 4         

“So……how have you been, you know since the last time I saw you?”  Ned said, they were Seated at a table in the ice cream shop. “Good and you?” “The same.” “So do you still sing at clubs?” Nancy asked. “No it had no meaning without you, I mean it got boring.” he said nervously hoping she did not hear his mistake. He got lost in a day dream about her. “Um Ned, are you going to order………Ned!” Nancy exclaimed. “Uh…..oh sorry” he apologized. “Ned you seem very distracted today why that is?” “Um….no reason.”

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Thanks here are your money.” Nancy said taking her money out of her handbag. “No need for that any friend of Ned is a friend of mine.” Phil said. “Alright thanks …………… bye Phil bye Ned.” She said as she waved them good bye. “Wait Nancy, I was kind of thinking that we could hang out by the beach for a bit.” Ned said hopefully. “Um…. Ok that would be nice.” She said smiling as she got into her car. “Cool so I’ll leave my car here and ride in yours is that ok with you?” with that they were off to the beach.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Ah the cool sea beach,” Nancy said as they came out of the car, “I know this may sound crazy but I feel like I belong to the sea wield uh,” “uh a little why don’t you talk about it.” Ned said while sitting on the sand. “I can’t, it’s are secret that my mother told me to keep, sorry.” “Oh well that’s ok but you know it’s kind of wield you told me your mother died how can she tell you to keep it a secret.” “Um…I got to go home it’s getting late my dad would want to know where I am.” She said.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Dad I’m home!” she exclaimed, they were in the hall of Nancy’s house. “Hello my favorite daughter why are you so late.” He said trying to sound angry. “So I have a curfew now and dad I’m your only child, I was at the beach there’s nothing to worry about.” “Why were you at the beach?” “An old friend of mine suggested we go.” “Alright then good night Nancy” “night” Nancy said climbing the staircase to her bedroom.