chapter 25

Chapter 25

I wasn’t surprised but it hurt it really hurt I read the other messages Ned and her exchanged and after reading all of them I was convinced that Ned was cheating on me with this Ashley girl whoever she was so after an argument with myself I decided I confront him. I opened back the first message I read and walked out the bathroom with the phone behind my back.

“Ned, I need to talk to you, now,” I said hoping that my voice didn’t sound shaky.

Apparently it did because Ned’s face turned into one of concern, like if your concern you cheating jerk, “What’s wrong, nan,” he said it was innocently that I was almost convinced that he was not cheating.

“What wrong, oh I don’t know maybe that you’re cheating on me,” I held up the phone, “can you explain this?”

He was speechless and that’s how I knew that he was cheating I hoped that it was just a big misunderstanding but it’s not and that hurt, “Ned I never knew that you would be like my other boyfriends a cheater,” I became crying.

“You were reading through my messages?”

“Of course I was this has happened before and now I know that you’re cheating on me!” I started to sob, walked up to me, took my hands in his and held it close to his chest and looked into my eyes, “let go of me!”

“No, not until you let me explain the messages,” his faced looked genuinely concern; I can’t help but melt at the sight of his beautiful café colored eyes.

“Ok, but I don’t know how you can possibly explain this,”

“I’m not cheating on you,”

“Then explain why you’re getting these messages from her late in the night,”

“Nancy, nothing’s going on it’s just some girl that likes me that’s all and she’s trying to get together with me ” I knew better than to believe this because if you were me who heard this before you won’t have fallen for it to but I choose to forgive him.

“Ok, I believe you,” not. I stopped sobbing.

“Good, so let’s finish what we were doing before you had to go to the bathroom,” he was smiling like if nothing had happened.

“Um it’s kind of late don’t you think you should go,” I said not meeting his eyes, but I did see his face fall.

“Right, um see you tomorrow?” I just nodded. He sighed then left.

A few minutes of just staring at the ceiling thinking about what I read, I realized that Ned left his phone so I decided to go return his phone and also apologize for what happened. But what I didn’t know is that I had made a big mistake.