Old Prunes

It's been three weeks now, and in those three weeks I learned many things. One: Raphael Santiago, the fifteen year old sly Vampire had came back to life, as much of a life a Vampire could come to. Two: Jordan Kyle, remember him, well he is no longer dead either. He actually has left the Praetor Lupus for the mean time, because he is touring with The Mortal Instruments as their lead singer. And yes, Maia is still with Bat. Jordan and Maia broke up because he got too caught up with the band. And the number two in my newly learned things, lead me to my number three: I dreadfully needed money.

"Jace! Jacey!" I called out

"What?" He said as I jumped a little not expecting him to be standing behind me. My hypothesis was that he was just training. He look bad, as bad as the Great Jace Herondale could look. He was sweating through his shirt and his golden hair was stuck to his forehead. But he still looked 100 times better than how I look on a good day.

"You look great!"

"I look great?"

"Yeah! Have you been working out? Look at the size of those biceps"

"What do you want?"

"I am offended! I can't tell my favorite person in the whole wide world how much I love and adore him. Hey! Have I told you how much I love you?"

"No not unless you want something, so spill it"

"Ugh! Fine, can I borrow $20?"

"No, Clary has pointed out to me that I just let you do whatever you want and get you whatever you want. You're about to turn 18, you need to be independent" How is it that whenever he and Clary decide to have an adult conversation, I am the one who gets hurt.

"Come on! Please! This is the last time! The new Mortal Instruments album is coming out and I want to buy the CD"

"You know, I was in that band" Simon walked in. Whenever we even say the words 'Mortal Instruments' he always appears out of thin air.

"Yea sure, I assume you also know Beyoncé" I knew he was in that band. But it was just fun to annoy Simon and get him all worked up as he would explain to us about how he and some of his friends started out playing in coffee shops and how he decided leave to pursue the Shadowhunting arts.

"I am serious!"

"Look Simon, I know you miss your mundane life, but your lameo high school band does not compare to TMI"

"Jace, back me up here" he pleaded

"The doctors said that this would happen. After his tragic accident resulting in him causing the deaths of all his band mates, he thinks he is part of all the successful bands. Yesterday, he was telling me about how he started the Beatles" Jace joked

"I hate you guys!" Simon said as he walked out of the room

"What are you going to do with a CD? As the institute that shuns most of the electronic devices, the most recent music playing instrument we have is a record player" Jace informed

"Vintage! I like it! I shall buy a vinyl then" I said

"No!"

"Come on! Please! How else am I going to get money for my consumer pleasures?"

"Here's a crazy idea–get a job"

"Where am I supposed to get a job? Working with mundanes in the local mall"

"I hear Taki's is hiring"

"Taki's is always hiring! Everyone keeps quitting because of their poor employee benefits"