The Dark Alleyway Behind Taki's

It was my first day at Taki's and I was already washing dishes, taking the trash out, running around to get orders, and cleaning the tables. The only thing I wasn't doing was working in the kitchen, which was only because Ramus had heard about my relationship with fire.

"I don't know anything but shouldn't I get proper training before I start collecting money and taking orders?" I asked

"You're right, you don't know anything" Ramus said as he was counting the money from the shift last night. I handed him another $20 and he glared at me because now he had to give me change and repeat the process of counting the money. "You don't need to train. You know how to put the food down on the tables and pick the food back up and run it under water. You think I am going to pay you while I teach you how to do that, you are out of your mind"

He gave me the change I was waiting on for the $20, "Go see what that Blue Boy wants. He has been staring at the menu for 30 minutes"

Everyone around the restaurant knows Oliver as the Blue Boy, only because they are either too drunk or don't care enough to know his name. Ramus was right, Oliver was sulking at the menu. I am guessing the date with Ophelia didn't work out that well. I can't wait to rub it in his face—by that I obviously mean comfort him, annoy him, and rub it in his face all at the same time. It's what all friends do, look it up.

"Welcome to Taki's blah blah blah—Where is Ophelia?" I asked him

"You freaked her out with all your weird color talk"  he slumped down in his seat. I felt bad, now I don't even want to rub it in his face, because friends aren't supposed to do that. They are supposed to make you laugh or do something stupid to make you forget that you're miserable, look it up.

"She would want to date you more, since she knows it bugs me. Why didn't you tell me?"

"It wasn't anything serious, it was just one date. I doubt we will even have another"

"You still betrayed me! You dated the enemy! You're Benedict Cumberbatch!"

"It's Arnold"

"What?"

"It's Benedict Arnold, not Cumberbatch. He betrayed America against Britain. And you shouldn't be even talking, you betrayed the whole Shadowhunter race by kissing Jonathan, or did you forget him?"

"Shhhh!"

"There are 500 million Jonathans, I don't think they will know who I am even talking about"

I am sick and tried of him always bringing up Jonathan situation. I GET IT! I almost ruined our future or whatever, but it's fixed now—well, kind of. I say we have helped the Shadow world by giving them Raphael again. We have certainly helped Simon's band by giving them Jordan back.

"Thank you for coming to Taki's. You're giant order of mangoes will be right out" I forced a smile

"I didn't order mangoes. I hate mangoes!"

"Oh I know! Just don't let Jace know" I wasn't really going to bring him mangoes, it was just my way of saying to him that this conversation is pointless and painful. It will only lead us to fight more, although I love a good fight but not on the days I am slaving away at Taki's. So I would say the weekends were the best option for me to fight and enjoy it. Oliver was my best friends which was primarily the reason we fought a lot. I think it's an unwritten rule of having friends—you must always fight about every little thing. If you don't fight with your friends, well then you must be even greater than God.