Snow

The weather in New York is very unpredictable, it's either insanely hot or it's insanely cold, there is no in between. Today it was insanely cold and Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern was wrapped around in a cozy blanket, which perfectly contradicted his sliver hair. He reminded me of the first snowfall of every winter. When the trees look like they are sprinkled with sugar. When the streets are coated with sheets of white snow and it's always too pretty to step on, but you step on it anyways because the satisfaction of printing your legacy on the snow is far too great to resist. Even after the snow angels and the snowball fights, and the running, and jumping; somehow the snow still manages to look beautiful.

"Where are you going?" He mumbled sleepily. I always liked snow and I always hated gloves. I would always hold snow in my hands and press them together so it would melt. No matter how hard I pressed or how much I breathed on it, it never melted. My hands would get numb but it would never melt, but today looking at Jonathan I realized I finally melted the snow.

"Work. Go Back to sleep" I said. Remember how I was supposed to work from 1 to 6, well it's 11 am and I have to go Taki's because the Vampire quit and Ramus had to takeover the night shift. I quietly walked out my room and jumped as I saw Esmeralda standing there.

"Who were you taking to?" She asked

"No one! Just talking to myself" I rapidly said

"I should have known that, you are very peculiar"

"Sorry?"

"You know outlandish, exotic"

"Exotic?"

"Okay time to go!" Jace came in out of nowhere and dragged me away from that old hag before I could say anything else.

"What the hell! She is racist!" I screamed

"Calm down"

"She called me exotic"

"Mangoes are exotic and mangoes are good"

"She didn't say exotic, she said exotic"

"You just said the same thing twice"

"You have to fire her!"

"I will talk to her okay"

"You better!"

"I will! Now go work"

"Bye"

I was already late and so I quickly walked out of the institute. I saw Raphael standing on the sidewalk.

"Hey Raphael! What are you doing here?" I approached him

"I came here to see Simon"

"Oh no! I think you're brain is out of the Vampire preservatives, it's turning old into your true age. THIS IS NOT THE SANCTUARY" I enunciated every word

"I know! But when I was in the sanctuary, your new maid didn't listen to anything I said. She just called me peculiar—"

"Outlandish, exotic"

"You too?"

"Yup"

"She also said this to Magnus"

"We have to do something about her"
-------------------------------------------------------

I was outside Taki's and it was having it's lunch rush.

"Hey Clancy!" I said to the warlock guard and in response he just tipped his hat. I entered through the doors as Ramus ran to me.

"There you are!" He said, "it's 12, you're an hour late"