The Date To End All Dates

"Isn't this nice" he said pushing his sliver hair out of his face. He really needed to cut his hair, it gets in my eyes and blinds me every time we kiss. But his hair was like Rapunzel's, well not exactly. I mean it in a way that it always finds a source of light, even in the most darkest places, and absorbs every little bit of it, that he himself begins to glow. His skin? His skin was porcelain, see-through almost. His skin was a map, beneath it laid the trails of veins, they were pathways. They carried the blood back to his heart to replenish itself so it could repeat the process to keep him alive. Alive. He was alive.

"Rona?" He said again

"I am totally paying attention" I responded

"Really? What did I just say?"

"Something about....ice"

"No" he shot me a mean look

"It's just that you are so hot, I can't focus. Your abs, ugh! Can't get them out of my mind" I lied, I almost wanted to choke on my words. Who even says this?

"LIES! And you wanna know how I know? It's because you would never try to boost my ego even more"

"I am just saying that people like you should give your self security down to us, the very securely deficient. Is that too much to ask!"

"And I arrest my case" he folded his arms

"I am sorry! Go on, I will give you my full attention"

"I was saying: isn't this nice? You and I, alone, at last"

"In a dark creepy storage room, with big buckets of blood and raccoon dropping at every corner"

"You did it again! You have ruin everything don't you?" So finally, Jonathan took me out on a real date, if you count sitting on the rabies infected floor a "real" date. I appreciated the effort and with the circumstances, this was the most practical date.

"I am sorry! But I just never pictured my first date to be in a cold dark closet that is next to a garage can"

"Then how did you picture it?"

"Rona! I don't know why that storage closet is more interesting than doing your job, but each minute you stay in there I will cut it out if your paycheck!" Ramus screamed from the other side of the door. Don't worry, I had locked the door from the inside, can't let him actually call animal control this time.

"I gotta go! See you later, okay?" I kissed him quickly, but I wasn't fast enough to avoid his hair getting in my eye. "Ow! You have to cut your hair"
*******************************************
I went back to the storage closet to pick up Jonathan after work, but he disappeared. I didn't notice any signs of struggles so I am guessing he went back to the Institute. I don't know how he goes back and forth without anyone realizing. I guess everyone has their talents, even if it's sneakery.

I reached the New York Institute and the door swung open. Thanks Raziel, I thought. There was some part of me that believed that Raziel hated me, but who does he not hate. It's his fault of creating such troublesome race. I entered the Institute and Jonathan was standing in the middle of the room. He looked clean. His hair was pushed out of his face and smoothed to the other side. He was wearing something other than black t-shirts (it was a dark blue t-shirt, but it certainly wasn't black). He was still wearing his leather jacket, but he wouldn't give that up ever. Something smelled fishy.