Many Appearances

I was having an delightful sleep this morning. You see, Ramus gave me the day off today, for whatever reason that might be. Hey! If you get a day off from your tiring job, you just don't complain and try to act smart. And you might say "How is that tiring? You basically don't even do anything, besides hide in that storage closet with Jonathan" Let me tell you! Those rare occasions when I do serve tables, people make fun of me, because I am a Shadowhunter working at Taki's. No Shadowhunter ever works at Taki's or ever works for that matter of fact. You get insulted by your boss for not working and secretly hanging out with a psychopath, you get insulted by the customers for working because you are a Shadowhunter, you get insulted at home for liking a psychopath—like people, give me a break! Today I got it. No one was going to be home today because Jace and Clary went to their annual Conclave meeting. Simon and Izzy headed to New Jersey for something boring probably. Nothing interesting ever happens in Jeresy, believe me I grew up around there. If no one was here I could do pretty much anything I wanted. Back to the delightful sleep I was having, it was ruined by Mabelle as she yanked the curtains open and letting the sunlight hit my eyes.

"Rise and shine!" She chirped

"More like: Let me rest and shut up!" I groaned and covered my face with a pillow. I forgot about one person that was left in there Institute and she is the worst of all.

"Do you know where Oliver went? I tried calling him but he won't pick up" she pulled the pillow out of my grip. That girl was skinny but she was strong.

"He went to Florida. He will be back in few days"

"But he didn't tell me!"

"He probably forgot"

"Forgot? How can he forget to tell his girlfriend that he will be gone for few days!"

"Girlfriend?" I choked on those words. I was fully awake now.

"Yes. Did I stutter?" She continued, "Because English is not my first language so I sometimes do"

"But you guys just met two weeks ago. That was very fast"

"Vrai, mais je l'aime vraiment bien" don't worry I thought the same thing—what the hell did she just say! "Sorry, I just start talking in french when I get flustered. I just really like him"

Woah. Was Mabelle being a genuine person?

"I have to get him on the leash before he finds someone better" she laughed. Now she was laughing! And not at moi. Oliver really did something to her.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about Oliver" he can't even talk to girls without sweating, or boys to be honest. "He went there to visit his mother. He is afraid she is going to...you know" I dragged my finger across my throat.

"He just stopped aging, he is paranoid" I said again

"He is just so sympathetic!" She gleamed. I wondered about how her prestige Parisienne family would react to her warlock boyfriend, I don't think Mabelle cared though.
*******************************************
It was the afternoon and Jonathan was teaching me how to dance. I am surprised too. But who knows maybe I will learn something, or I accidentally will break his legs, but that way he couldn't even leave me if he wanted too. It's a win-win situation for me.

"Your hands go here" he assisted me to wrap my hands around this neck.

"And mine go here" he said again placing his hands in my waist pulling me a little closer to him.

"And my eyes are up here" he smirked. "It's very important for the dancers to look into each other's eyes"

The term was correct—look into. Because once you look into his eyes there is no damn way out. I was trapped inside that clear skin covering his eyes, making them glisten.