The One After Jonathan

It was 2 o'clock and I was still laying in my bed. That was a new record for me, or should I say all time low. I did not want get up from this bed, it was physically impossible for me to move. Jonathan was gone, and I simply do not know what to do. Jonathan was gone and everybody in the Institute thought that I was crazy to love someone like that. Today was especially bad because Maryse was coming back. When she comes back, she was going to find out about Jonathan. By the end of this day I was sure to be homeless. I just felt so hopeless. There was no reason to move now. In couple of days the Clave will find out that Jonathan is alive and that I was the reason. I am surely going to be stripped of my Runes. Then sent away back to my parents, back to my controlling parents.

"Come on!" Mabelle threw a pillow at me, she was the only person that still talked to me. "Get up!"

"Leave me alone" I groaned

"I don't know why you're upset, Roma"

"It's RONA!"

"Whatever! Look, you being upset is messing with my Chi"

"Leave me alone! I don't care about your Chi" I hoped she too wasn't talking to me.

"I need to do something good today, to help my Karma. I have to make some sad person's life better, I choose you"

"I don't care! I am not going to be your little project"

"Honey, there is nothing little about you. Someone wants to help you, accept it"

"I don't need your help"

"Really? Because it's 2 pm on a Thursday and you have been in that bed for 2 days straight. You won't even go to your job at Takings"

"It's Taki's!"

"It doesn't matter! You can't just cry in your bed all day because your boyfriend left you"

"He didn't leave me!"

"Well he is not here now, is he?"

"Fine! I will be your little project. I am hoping Karma will slap you in the face"

"Yay!" She cheered. "First things first, you need a shower"
*******************************************
After I showered, with cold water, I don't deserve the luxury of hot water anymore. Also there was a problem in plumbing and hot water was no longer available, but I still didn't deserve it. I went downstairs because Mabelle wanted to go in the city, but she was talking to someone. It was Bloodstick, the Clave representative that came last time. What was there connection?

"Ready to go?" I said as I approached them

"Rona, what's hanging?" Bloodstick said

"Stop talking like this! Please, it's embarrassing!" Mabelle told him

"Chillax! Belle"

"You two know each other?" I asked them

"Of course! And will I see you at wedding?" He said

"You guys are getting married?"

"No! Ew! He is like 40!" She turned to him. "No offense"

"No problemo!"

"He is marrying my mom"

"Congratulations!" I spoke, he needed it. If he was going to marry into Mabelle's family he needed all the luck.

"We have to leave now, bye" Mabelle dragged me out of the Institute. She wouldn't let go until we were far away from Bloodstick.

"What the hell!" I slipped myself out of her grip. "What? You don't like it that your mommy is getting married"

"I don't actually. That's why I am living here, to get away from them and the wedding preparations" she replied

Okay, now I felt a little bad about making fun of her. "You don't want them to get married?"

"Can you imagine? Mabelle Bloodstick, yuck!"

"I don't know, it's better than some of the names I call you"

"He is a nice man, my mom is just using him for her prestige Paris Institute because he is on the Clave. He is a nice man, he doesn't deserve my mom"

"I see you need some distraction too"

"I do"

"So tell me, What is our distraction?"

"Shopping!"
*******************************************

We were sitting at Taki's after our day together away from the Institute. I actually had a nice time with her. I actually had fun with my mortal enemy. I guess she wasn't that bad.

"I don't get your obsession with ghost boyfriends" I said

"I don't get your obsession with fries" she replied

"Touché!" I ate some fries off my plate. We were at Taki's and for the first time Mabelle didn't look disgusted as she stared at Taki's fries. I think that's a win for me.

"What's not to like? They are all gentlemen and they are all very old so they are romantic. They have that James Dean vibe"

"Now, I want a ghost boyfriend" who am I kidding! Jonathan was kind of a ghost boyfriend, he shouldn't even be alive now. Anyway, he won't stay alive for more than few days. Stop! Don't think of him! That's the whole point of today. Don't think of him.

"You have anymore Sheep blood?"

"Sadly no, Vampires don't like sheep blood"

"Sucks for them" she continued, "why are you laughing?"

"You said sucks. It's funny because you are talking about vampires"

"I guess it is kinda funny" she laughed. We both laughed at something that was truly never funny. But it was funny to us and that was enough.

"Can I ask you something?" She said

"Sure"

"Do you want to be my Parabatai?"

I was caught off guard with that question. Me? A Parabatai? Mabelle's Parabatai? My nemesis' Parabatai? I remember in the alternate future Mabelle was my Parabatai. Maybe we were meant to be in every universe, so I simply answered, "God no!"

"Oh! Thank god! I was afraid you might say yes" she let out a sigh of relief

"Then why did you ask?"

"I don't know, I never really had any friends. You were nice to me, no one is ever nice to me. I thought maybe in that moment, but I think we should start of by being friends. Distant friends"

"Distant friends, I like the sound of that"

Suddenly my phone rang, "it's Oliver! Maybe he is back from Florida"

I picked up the phone and spoke, "Oliver! How was Florida?"

"It was great!" He responded, "But why is Jonathan here locked in a cage?"