Good Mourning

And everything was good today, then I got suspicious. Why was everything good today? But I am stupid, and careless, and sometimes very mean. And despite what everyone says, he was not. I should've known. God damn it! I should've known. But the moonlight was pale and all I wanted to do was dance with you in it. There were melodies playing in the background and I don't know if everybody could hear it, but it was clear to me. When you entered the wind was blowing my hair, I don't know how because we were inside.

"Hey" he said and my heart stopped. I was going to tell him today. I am not backing down, not today. This was necessary. You can do this! You can totally do this Rona! I could just feel the sweat dripping down my face. It's no big deal, no big deal Rona! Just be casual. Hey, Jonathan! How's the weather my man? Ugh! No that's not right. Yo! Jons my mans! I gots to tell you what's up. No that's a bit too casual. Hello, Jonathan. How is the precipitation? it seems high during the warm seasons. No that's too formal.

"Rons? You okay? You look like you are going to pass out" he seemed concerned

"Yeah, you know, the precipitation seems high during the warm seasons" I responded

"What?"

"Never mind that. Um Jonathan, I have to tell you something"

"But before you do" he grabbed my hands by his. "Thank you for the honey advice for the rats. The all came running out. You guys need to call an exterminator....what did you want to tell me?"

"Um...you...I....um....I....you"

"Are you sure you are okay?"

"Okay yes I...I mean, you know what? Forget it"

"It sounds important"

"It is, but I think it could wait"

"It's okay, whenever you're ready" he was like a psychedelic drug, flying me out into a dream-like cloud that I never wanna come down from.

"So where are the rats?" I asked him

"I have them in a box"

"We need to get Penelope the Rat and her son, Ramus, safely to the outdoors. I promised her that I would"

"You named a rat after your boss?" He smirked

"Yeah. I think it suited the rat. There is Jace the Bird, the one nesting in the tree outside of my window and won't stop chirping every time I try to sleep. My daggers are also named after Jace, they are all questionably straight. The Institute's training room is named after Magnus Bane"

"Why?"

"Because he likes to watch Alec fight shirtless. Then there are, Alec and Alec 2—my Chakrams, they are both not straight and ready to cut a bitch" 

"I wonder what's name after me" he laughed

"Nothing yet, I will let you know when I find some snakes"

"A snake! I remind you of a snake!"

"Yeah, because you slithered into my heart" I joked

"Ha ha! Very funny" he rolled his eyes

We went into his room and got the cardboard box full of rats. They were cute, I would keep them if they didn't carry various diseases. I always wanted a pet rabbit, I guess rats are the next best thing. We went outside to set the rats free. I think they will be very happy with their cousin rodents that lurk around the New York subways. We walked outside laughing, believing that everything thing was going to be fine. Then suddenly I saw a red head turn toward me. Then everything began to slow down. RETRIEVE! my mind screamed RETRIEVE! But I stood there frozen. And in those slowed down moments, Clary's eyes widen and she began running to us. As she charged at us she pulled out her sword. You owe me big time, Blondie. I jumped in front of Jonathan.

"Ow" I calmly said. Only the small tip of the blade was buried in my stomach. Thank you Jace for holding her from the back or it was bye bye life for me.

"Get out of the way Rona!" She yelled

"You need to clam down" I told her

"Brother, control your woman" oh my god! Jonathan shut up! You're making it worse!

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!" She screamed again

"I bet that sword is heavy, let me hold it for you" but she wouldn't give me the sword.

"How is he alive!"

"Give me the sword Clary" I snatched the weapon out of her hand and away from my face.

"Let's go Clary, I will explain later" Jace grabbed Clary and they began to go inside.

"Are you okay?" Jonathan asked

"Yeah, just fine"

*******************************************
It was the morning. After Clary finding out that Jonathan was alive yesterday, I knew I had to tell Jonathan what I was going to tell him before. I don't think we have that much time left, it's now or never. There I stood outside of his door. It's easy, just say hey Jonathan, it's a nice day—I love you—should we skip the training and relax, or not, whatever you want. Yeah, that would work just fine. I knocked on his door, but no answer. So I knocked again.

"I know you are sleeping but I really need to tell you something" I said but no response. I twisted the door knob and entered his room.

"Jonathan?" I said because no one was there. Now, my heart was beating faster and faster.

"Jonathan?" Where is he? He never leaves his room without me. Where the hell was he?

"Jonathan!" Tears blurred my vision and I no longer knew what to do.

"Rona" it was Jace behind me

"Where is he?"

"He is gone" okay! Whoever is messing with the oxygen in this room better stop!

"Did you give him to the Clave?"

"Not yet"

"Then where is he?"

"It's better that he is not at the Institute, we can't repeat the incident yesterday"

"Is this because of Clary? Because I can talk to her. I can make her understand that he is not the same anymore."

"Rona—"

"Where is she? I can talk to her and then you can bring Jonathan back"

"Rona—"

"Yeah, that should work. Then we can all live happily ever after" tears lingered down my burning cheeks.

"Rona, I am sorry" he said and turned away, leaving me in an empty room that used to be Jonathan's.